2 - Radio Operator
These are the RTOs (Radio Telecommunications Operators) of the COBRA Ground Forces. They carry a standard modular radio pack that contains as a main unit a satellite transceiver equipped with an automatic frequency hopper, a crypto unit and passive jamming and anti-jamming devices. The Tele-Viper helmet contains high resolution earphones with overload dampers and two sets of voice actuated microphones. The interior of the helmet offers an alternative LED readout triggered through the optional computer pack. Optional transmission modes include microwave beam and laser -- both available as add-ons to the basic pack. All Tele-Vipers are proficient in the latest in encryption and telecommunication technologies, and many are skilled programmers as well, working closely with Techno-Vipers to ensure all Cobra communications are secure.
As telecommunications become a more and more vital part of battlefield technology and worldwide strategy, the Tele-Vipers have become an ubiquitous presence in nearly all Cobra operations. A contingent of them are assigned to assist General Alawai in his operations in Trucial Abysmia.
- Tele-Viper 528 - Pam Toussaint - Killed by the Red Right Hand
- Tele-Viper 743 - George Izumi - Attacked Wiretap
- Tele-Viper 2644 - Valorie McVay - (BZero's DC) - Took part in Pit attack and the Joes's rescue of Anwar Assan
- Cypher/Tele-Viper 911 - Iryna Pavolko Devonskia - (Undercover Intelligence Personnel) Baroness' dalnet Specialist and voice. (Pretends to be a Coil Member first, on dalnet)
- Tele-Viper 5201 - Zero's DC
Tele-Vipers often work closely with Techno-Vipers, especially in areas of programming and telecommunications technology.
- Flight Pod (2008)