- The Skystriker is a G.I. Joe vehicle.
US Air Force
|Designated pilot / driver(s)|
The Skystriker XP-14F is a variable wing fighter aircraft that was first deployed in the 1983 by G.I. Joe. It is a heavily modified version of the Northrop Grumman F-14 Tomcat. This jet fighter is frequently piloted by the G.I. Joe member code named Ace.
- E-81 Aero Vulcan Gatling cannon
- Nose-mounted pulse-Doppler radar
- Portside E-41A1 Vulcan 50 MM cannon
- 360-degree visibility cockpit canopy
- Variable sweep wings
- High-strength titanium/boron epoxy composite skin
- Site-5 Sidewinder missiles
- Site-3 Sparrow missiles
- Site-3Z Phoenix missiles
It was the central focus when Ace piloted a Skystriker in a dogfight against the Cobra pilot Wild Weasel. Neither pilot won.
It often appeared in relation to the USS Flagg, the Joe's aircraft carrier. For example, several Skystrikers are lost over the carrier's side during a tsunami.
It was eventually replaced by the Skystriker XP-21F.
- Northrop Grumman F-14 Tomcat
- Night Boomer - modified Skystriker used by Night Force
- Skystriker XP-21F - Newest Skystriker to enter the G.I. Joe Arsenal.
|This page uses content from Joepedia - The G.I. Joe Wiki. The original article was at Skystriker XP-14F.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|