The Red Shadows are led by Baron Ironblood and are believed to be fanatical in their devotion to their leader and cause.
"An evil genius threatens the world. His name is Baron Ironblood and his twisted criminal brain dreams of only one thing....... world domination. Using powerful and sophisticated weaponry, Ironblood's ruthless followers would gladly die for their master. Baron Ironblood has vowed to destroy G.I. Joe."
- Baron Ironblood - Commander of the Red Shadows
- The Black Major - Second-in-command of the Red Shadows. Also the right-hand man to the baron.
- Artemis - Red Rangers commander
- Red Mindbender - Master of Mind Control
- Red Vulture - Vehicle expert
- Red Laser - Chief Red Shadows scientist
- Red Wolf - Red Shadows' astronaut specialist
- Red Jackal - Ex-Action Force soldier turned Red Shadows officer
- Red Kraken - Reptile soldiers serving under the Red Shadows
Rank and File
- Red Rangers - Red Shadows special forces
- Red Shadows - Infantry troops of the Red Shadows. Majority of them are brainwashed to serve the organisation as fanatical soldiers.
- Red Torches - Red Shadows Pyro-Troopers
- Muton - Robotic soldiers of the Red Shadows. Mainly invincible against most small arms.
Weaponry and Vehicles
The Red Shadows weapons, vehicles and armoury consisted of the following:
Transition from Cobra
Red Shadows and Nazis
Red Shadows Troopers wear a quasi-German military uniform from the World War II era. Their red clothing is similar in style to the WWII German military wear including long black boots, black gloves and 'Jerry' style helmets, albeit extended to cover the face. In addition, the weapons they carry also included German-style stick grenades and bazookas.
Additional characters and vehicles also had strong associations with the German military in the WWII era - The Black Major for example (Baron Ironblood's deputy) is dressed in a similar style to a Allgemeine SS officer and the Shadowtrak armoured vehicle has a German-influenced design.
Red Shadows operate alongside the Nazis in South America, recruiting from an offshoot of the ODESSA network. This organisation was formed by former SS (schutzstaffel) officers, to escape war crimes at the end of WWII.
|This page uses content from Joepedia - The G.I. Joe Wiki. The original article was at Red Shadows.|