- Name: Ravage
- Faction: Decepticon
- Species: Transformer
- Function: SABOTEUR
- Division: Intelligence
- Sub-Group: ConTapes
- Type: FC
|“||Today's Autobots are tomorrow's scrap metal.||”|
Ravage operates best when he operates alone. He's a creature of the night and carries out most of his murderous mischief at that time. Often the other Decepticons have no idea where he is, but they know he's up to no good, so they don't mind. He is easily the craftiest of his comrades and is quick to devise deadly new strategies to be used against the Autobots. He tends to remain aloof from the others, but his deeds command their respect. He is an exceptionally efficient war machine.
Ravage can hide his presence from others virtually completely. He can shield any electromagnetic radiation inside him from being detected by any monitoring devices. His walk is soundless. And he can disappear from sight in subdued light or shadows. He has his own monitoring devices in his nose module that give him a superior sense of smell, hearing and full-spectrum electromagnetic wave detection. He carries two low-radiation 1 megaton proton bombs, which he can fire over 3 miles distant or set in place with a timer.
He is very sensitive to light and can be blinded by too much of it.
- 1 History
- 2 OOC Notes
- 3 Logs /Posts
- 3.1 2011
- 3.2 2015
- 3.3 2016
- 3.4 2020
- 3.4.1 Jul 06 - Tagan Heights Infiltration
- 3.4.2 July 25 - "Traitor or Slave"
- 3.4.3 July 29 - "Ill Omen Crypt Keeping"
- 3.4.4 July 31 - "Prison Break on Luna 2"
- 3.4.5 8/19 - "Code Aberration"
- 3.4.6 Aug 21 - Authorization
- 3.4.7 August 28 - "Treachery among Friends"
- 3.4.8 September 30 - "Thirty-Seventy"
- 3.4.9 October 14 - "Disavowed Forgemate"
- 3.5 2021
- 4 Alternate Universes
- 5 Players
- 6 References
Marvel The Transformers comics
Nightstalker, along with his partner Ravage, was bodyguard to the last surviving Overlord, an Autobot ruler who had grown so old and enfeebled that he needed constant re-energizing life support to stay alive. When the Overlord visited the city-state of Tarn, war broke out between it and its neighbor, Vos, forcing the Overlord to retreat to his own home in Iacon. The Overlord almost made it —- but Tarn's forces tracked him down and demolished the bridge to Iacon before he could cross, trapping him and his retinue. In a display of extreme loyalty to his charge, he attacked alone, taking out all of Tarn's forces but nearly dying in the process.
Nightstalker's self-sacrifice would be in vain: the Overlord died soon afterwards from energon deficiency after Ravage betrayed him and sided with Megatron, refusing to give up his own energy to sustain the old, rusting fool.
More than Meets the Eye
One of the original team of Decepticons that accompanied Megatron on the attack of the Ark spacecraft, Ravage was reformatted by Teletraan I as an audiocassette to better blend in for operations based on Earth. Ravage served loyally as a Decepticon spy. He was one of the first Transformers to have been encountered by a human, as workers investigating a destroyed power station fell afoul of Ravage who pounced upon them and frightened them away.
Shortly thereafter, Ravage accompanied Soundwave on an infiltration mission to gather data from Teletraan I. Soundwave was discovered, and Ravage was captured in an energy net and held captive. The Decepticon spy figured into a disinformation plot hatched by the Autobots, who purposely leaked the presence of a rocket fuel depository in the outlying desert. In truth, there was no rocket base -- Autobot Hound projected a holographic illusion in the hopes of luring the Decepticons into a trap. The Autobots allowed Ravage to escape and report back to Megatron, who easily saw through the ruse.
Heavy Metal War
During Megatron's gladiatorial match with Optimus Prime, Ravage was let out to watch his master battle their nemesis. Soundwave also petted him. This would be cute if it wasn't creepy.
During one of the Decepticons' many trips to South America, Ravage got to meet up with a real jaguar. Despite his resemblance, the non-robotic jaguar did not take kindly to Ravage's presence and engaged him in a "cat-fight." Ravage used his rocket boosters to scare away his living look-alike.
Megatron's Master Plan
During Megatron's attempt to convince the humans that the Decepticons were good and the Autobots were evil, Ravage was dispatched to track down Spike Witwicky when the human searched for evidence that would exonerate the Autobots. Cornering the flesh creature in a studio control room, Ravage had a door closed on him, was electrocuted by a control panel, and had a shelf filled with video cassettes pushed onto him. To make Ravage feel better, Soundwave took Ravage along with the other cassettes to a teen dance party, where Ravage was a big hit with the ladies.
Some time later, Ravage, along with Starscream, Thrust, and Soundwave, was transported to a planet with massive inhabitants, along with a group of Autobots, in a space bridge accident. The first creature they encountered, Aron, thought the Decepticons were toys.
Ravage attempted to escape, but Aron's cat Nitro chased after Ravage like a mouse (how embarrassing). Aron put him with his pet hamster, Blooper, in his cage. Instead of immediately asserting his dominance by killing the beast, Ravage went and ran on the creature's exercise wheel. When captured by scientists, they attempted to dissect the Transformers, but Ravage was able to pick his locks and free the Decepticons, who hijacked the Autobots light beam to head back to Earth...and landed in a lake filled with alligators. That was a very bad day for Ravage.
|This page uses content from Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Ravage (G1).
It is commonly believe that Ravage existed as an independent operative before allying himself with Soundwave.
March 30 - "Theft of Property"
Apr 29 - Contact at portal
<The Decepticon spinny stays in place, but Ravage's speaking voice plays over the audio channel.>
"Report begins: Portal in southwestern United States now claimed by the terrorist organization called Cobra. While scanning the portal's energy output, I observed Autobot Lodestone in combat with human jet. <The spinny fades to show video footage of a Cobra Rattler dropping ordnance on Lodestone.> The Autobot outmatched the jet easily. Also present was human child Daniel Witwicky. <video transitions to footage of Daniel skidding over the dunes on his bike> Lodestone shielded him, <footage of Lodestone standing over Daniel, protecting him from jet shrapnel> but was sufficiently distracted by the battle that I was able to move in. Human agent of GI Joe <footage of Lady Jaye running toward the camera> intervened. I defended my catch, but Lodestone attacked me. <footage of the head of Lodestone's hammer at very close distance, then the camera shudders and appears to lift off into the air>. I was forced to abandon my catch. Data on portal and readings on all local entities available. <The Decepticon spinny returns.> Report ends."
December 28 - "Guilt Trip"
Ravage stops by to inform Starscream of recent events.
- 6/13/15 - "The Spirit of Freedom, Act 2" - Meanwhile Soundwave set us up the bomb, but...it doesn't appear to be the explody kind?
- May 01 - "Diplomatic Mission to Praxus" - Crosscut and Spike enter into negotiations with Sky High of Praxus.
- June 10 - "Ravage requests archived reports" - Ravage comes to Soundwave with a request born from reviewing older Earth reports. Ghost is just the secretary, looking for files.
Jul 06 - Tagan Heights Infiltration
An Autobot communications base being established in the Tagan Heights as a forward observation base was called in by Onslaught while on patrol. An infiltration attempt was made by myself under Onslaught's direction to see if the site could be disrupted or neutralized without an alert. Disruption disks for the mission were given.
Said infiltration mission was a failure and the site will be coming online far earlier than estimates. It is moderately garrisoned for the moment and is a makeshift facility that will be likely fortified further. The infiltration was not detected nor were the disks noticed before disengagement. It is possible by the point of this report that the base site will be operational. This must be taken into account i further operations in the area. I however do have a fairly thorough mapout of he layout, existant security, defenses, and sensor net though this will likely be compromised if the AUtobots expand it from a makeshift facility. I will defer to the regional commander as to how to best deal with the installation, though it's effect on operations in the sector will have to be alerted.
July 25 - "Traitor or Slave"
Nightstalker chances upon Ravage on a long-range patrol.
July 29 - "Ill Omen Crypt Keeping"
SCiEnCE! has determined that a trip to the crypts deep below Polyhex is needed to continue the effort to return Omen to capacity in her original or another full frame.
July 31 - "Prison Break on Luna 2"
Cyclonus leads a force to break into the high security prison Garrus-1!
8/19 - "Code Aberration"
Aug 21 - Authorization
Unit Designate 'Arachnae' has been reinstated as a Decepticon and assigned to work under Shockwave's division. Her actions have been authorized after the fact and Shockwave has granted her appropriate rank, access to facilities, and authorizations as he sees fit.
August 28 - "Treachery among Friends"
Omen puts pieces together and realizes the depth of the treachery surrounding Starlock and the Combaticons situation.
September 30 - "Thirty-Seventy"
As Ghost challenges Soundwave over Decepticon communication channels, a background discussion of wagers, bets, and outcomes is had between Ravage and Swindle.
October 14 - "Disavowed Forgemate"
Ravage lures Nightstalker out and a fight ensues. Bitter words are exchanged but in the end the Decepticon is sent fleeing once more.
- February 7 - "Bug Hunt" - Cyclonus leads a team under Kalis to wipe out the remaining transorgs around the Dweller's hibernation chamber.
- March 07 - "Elegant Surroundings" - Ghost and Valour meet at the Jump Joint with Soundwave's cat.
Mar 13 - Preliminary Ibex Analysis
To: Intelligence Division
Sub: Preliminary Analysis of Ibex Assault
Msg: I will note this is a preliminary analysis by a field operative and that I have not seen any overflights or reconaissance data of Ibex, full status of troops, nor extensive debriefings, so take it as highly preliminary and as more significant information comes in there will be significant revision if not discarding of this.
- First, the Ibex attack can be considered a failure. Autobot defenses and infrastructure do not seem to have been significantly damaged in the operation nor do there seem to have been significant enough casualties to make a scenario where the Autobots must withdraw to estabalish another defensive line. This combined with the repelling fo our attack on Protihex does not lend itself to thoughts of followup attacks for now.
- Valour lead with an excellent tactical plan and a rapid deployment that seems to have caught the Autobots present by surprise. Losses amongst the Seeker cadre accompanying him were high and they deserve full recognition. Autobot defenses held even with the deployment of Bruticus and Trypticon. Autobot reinforcements were heavy, consisting at least of the PRotectobots, Fortress Maximus, and personnel stationed with Metroplex on Earth who came in via space bridge.
- There appears to be significant and massive disorientation accompanying the City Speaker Banshee which is to be expected. The exact level of this is beyon dmy knowledge base, and I suggest followup debriefings with her and research to see if this can be ameliorated. Trypticon himself gave a powerful fight despite facing two Autobot Titans in battle.
- The ground assault was salvaged purely by Shockwave whom held off several Autobots on his own and inflicted significant casualties upon them. Hopefully multiple members of the Dinobots were terminated by him though this is preliminary and the chances of it are unknown. Bruticus defeated Defensor before withdrawing though the status of the Protectobots is also unkonwn. Forces left on the battlefield when Trypticon withdrew were evacuated by the Destrons to Polyhex.
- Items of note and recommendation for followup by Intelligence and Analysis personnel are as follows. Determine the state of whether Optimus Prime's statements reflect a change in Autobot tactical doctrine and deployment for the future. I would presume that the Ibex spaceport is well within our control for now and there is litle appetite or logistical capability amongst the Autobots for a followup. And with the defeat of several of thier patrols along the Tri-Torus roadway the possibility of an alternate push along this route is considered minimal.
- We must determine whether the Autobots will be retaining Metroplex on Cybertron for the time being given the limited to nonexistant nature of our forces on Earth. Even if he is deployed there he has demonstrated he can rapidly be sent to Cybertron by space bridge. The extent of the damage to FOrtress Maximus is also unknown nor any repair times. I would personally recommend the consideration of a limited deployment to Earth purley of a passive intelligence monitoring presence. Whether satellites or a small cell. Our lack of any intelligence from Earth or awareness of their dispatch of Metroplex until he arrived on the battlefield was a limitation in the attack plan. This si at the discretion of Intelligence command to consider. I would recommend personally that as omre information comes in of overflights and reconaissance of Ibex and Protihex and continued debriefings of personnel and casualties that Floodlight at her convenience create a more comprehensive review fo the situation.
- These are the personal thoughts of myself based upon preliminary, albeit highly limited data available of myself.
Mar 31 - Assassination Attempt
Subj: Assassination Attempt
Msg: Stalked and located the Autobot's ambassador to Earth, Spike Witwicky in isolation in some sort of powered exoskeleton. Attacked him and I believe inflicted significant injury to him. The other Autobots at the scene engaged me and drove me off and stabilized Witwikcy unfortunately. Starlock kept on pontificating.
Assassination attempt was a failure, but hopefully the injuries will slow him down significantly or perhaps cripple him.
May 08 - Slaughter City Stealth
To: General Personnel
Subj: Slaughter City Recon
Msg: Assigned to do a reconnaissance run to Slaughter City, the mission as aborted due to the presence of the Autobot Special Operations Commander, Jazz. A quick skirmish was had before disengagement was accomplished. I am not sure if Jazz is assigned to the area, was there for a specific mission, or other circumstance.
//Not included is a video of Ravage being stun-bombed by Jazz's razzle-dazzle and then yanked by the tail, twirled like a discus, and launched through the air like a strobing disco ball through the night to vanish.
May 14 - Primal Swamp
A patrol was sent down to the Primal Swamp to retrieve chemical samples for further analysis consisting of Miasma and myself. Also present in the area on independent missions were Deathsaurus and Arachnae. While present we encountered a high number of seismic disturbances. A crashed Skyraider unit of unknown origin was detected reactivated but in bad shape and was evacuated for the nearest repair center for analysis and identification. A number of seismic disturbances and a possible unknown mecha-logical creature present and the seeming disruption of Miasma's operation lead to the recovery unit withdrawing after samples were taken.
May 15 - Skyburner
To: General Personnel
Msg: Individual tag 'Skyburner' was retrieved from the Primal Swamps and taken to medical at Tarn and tended to. Individual has suffered some level of disorientation to memory circuits. Intelligence has confirmed his identity and he has been generally cleared by medical. Pending debriefing he will be put on appropriate assignment and division.
Jun 07 - Missing Ghost
Having scanned the message by relay system, I have sent a version of it to Soundwae to be filtered and analysed. I have further tracked the origin of it to Praxus, in the Tigalight District, near the Death Zone. There are no records of any Decepticon called Divecast though this may be meaningless if he is from another faction. I request a team be dispatched to Praxus at once to sweep the area.
Jun 08 - Calyhex Departing
To: Command, Division Heads/XOs
Msg: The Titan named 'Calyhex' currently residing in Praxus has announced her intent to depart Cybertron in short order. No timespan has been given nor methodology, but in conversation she stated that she must 'exile' herself and her prisoners. Status beyond this unknown.
Jun 16 - Internal Log
Internal Log (Encrypted)
- The die is cast. Megatron is missing, adrift in the void of the warp gate.. The Titan Calyhex has vanished. Starscream is now in charge. His actions are.. Logically reasonable and surprising. He clearly has an ulterior motive but one I cannot fathom. So long as he puts resources to locating Megatron and prioritizes it he will have Valour's support, and with Valour much of the military. Soundwave and Cyclonus are loyal enough to go along with it. Shockwave will enjoy the chance to pursue unfettered access to the space bridge and whatever his personal research inclinations are and I do not think he will care to challenge Starscream. That leaves no one at least with the immediate power base to attempt to assert themselves against him.
- I know that Megatron is out there and he will return to us. A simple void in space is nothing compared to how he has returned before. I do not know how Starscream's ploy will carry out. The Autobots will negotiate or at least put up a facade of it for a time. The opportunity will exist in that duration to focus on our internal priorities. For the first time in a long time..
- I do not know what I am going to do. Or where the future leads us.
- That makes me afraid.
- /End log entry
- In 2020, Ravage was taken over by wedgekree.
|This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Ravage (G1).|