|“|| Capture their minds
and their hearts and souls will follow.
The G.I. Joe Team's resident shrink is someone you can talk to about your problems. Exactly someone you might just spill your deep secrets to. The truth is the counselor himself has a few creepy secrets. Psyche-Out graduated from Berkeley with a specialty in the effects of ultra-low frequency sound waves affecting the human mind. That work got him into the Deceptive Warfare Center before being assigned to his current assignment.
However, wave-induced behavior modification devices aren't the only way he can manipulate people. His level of thinking is uncanny and he is often able to out-think and out-maneuver the enemy. He's mastered techniques to influence his targets' value and belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, and behavior. He's been known to induce confessions in captures soldiers by reinforcing attitudes and behaviors favorable to G.I. Joe's objectives. He's not above taking part in black operations and false flag tactics against enemy governments, organizations, groups, or individuals. Whatever gets the job done to capture people's hearts and minds.
- File Name Kenneth D. Rich
- Birthplace San Francisco, California
- Service branch US Army
- Grade / Rank Captain (O-3)
- Specialties Deceptive warfare; Psy-Ops; Social services counselor
- Training Berkeley; Deceptive Warfare Center
Rich was born in San Francisco and attended nearby Berkeley, where he got his degree in psychology. He worked on various research projects involving the use of low frequency radio waves to induce paranoia. Upon his enlistment in the Army he was posted to Fort Bragg's Deceptive Warfare Center where he continued his research and occasionally served as a social services counselor. Psyche-Out later joined the G.I. Joe team, bringing along his knowledge of psychological warfare and served as the team's resident psychiatrist.
When Psyche-Out first arrived at the Joes' headquarters in Utah, he and Chuckles became suspicious when the secret underground construction of the Pit was hidden from them. They learned that nothing sinister was going on after they were given full security clearance. Not long after joining the team, Psyche-Out cleared Snake-Eyes and Scarlett of any wrongdoing in the illegal rescue of a group of Joes from a Borovian gulag. Though the Joes knew they faked their own death by pretending to be killed by an exploding landmine, Psyche-Out (with some gentle nudging from Hawk) reported that the two Joes temporarily lost their senses due to the landmine blast.
During the closing battle of the Cobra civil war, Psyche-Out commanded a team of reinforcements to help the Joes turn the tide of battle.
He served on many more missions before the team was shut down in 1994.
Psyche-Out is a reserve member of the Joes, and is available as a psychiatrist when needed. Not surprisingly, Lifeline makes appointments with him on a fairly regular basis, because as the company doctor, he's busy tending to everyone else and frequently puts his own well-being on a back burner.
Psyche-Out has been promoted to Captain on the MUX.
Logs / Posts
- November 27 - "Holiday Party Discussion" - Psyche-Out and Wisp discuss the need for a G.I. Joe holiday party.
- January 10 - Snapdragon
- February 16 - "SG-Slipstream" - Psyche-Out reports on his initial analysis of "Slipstream"
- January 13 - "Winter Rescue Mission" - Ace pilots a Hercules on a rescue mission over some of the worse-hit parts of North America, with a cargo bay full of Joes, emergency food and medical supplies.
- March 25 - "Mock and Mock Mock" - Seville Armstrong confronts her doppelgänger in the brig.
- March 25 - "Aftercare" - Psyche-Out tends to Seville Armstrong after she confronts her doppelgänger in the brig.
- March 25 - "Party in the medbay!" - Autobots and humans gather in the medbay.
- March 25 - "Marissa and Spike - What would you say you do here?" - Marissa and Spike discuss what to do if the Joes get shut down.
- November 10 - "New Pit III" - Joe Colton shows off the new version of Pit III.
- September 15 - "Totally Not a Brainwave Scanner" - Psyche-Out tests out his new equipment on Angel.
- September 16 - "Another Session" - Angel goes back into the Memory Monitor.
|This page uses content from Joepedia - The G.I. Joe Wiki. The original article was at Psyche-Out.|
|This page uses content from JMM’s My Useless Knowledge Website. The original article was at JMM's G.I. Joe Comics Home Page. A member of this wiki, User:Kadjem, was granted temporary permission to use this content. However, JMM’s My Useless Knowledge Website is not part of the GNU Free Documentation License program, so the content is being rewritten to adapt and fit into this wiki and avoid plagiarism.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|