LODESTONE joined the Autobots as a Research & Development specialist, preferring to contribute to the war in a non-combative capacity. However, tragedies from his past have instilled in him an almost unparalleled desire to see the Decepticons defeated. Although he tries to keep a stoic and pleasant demeanor, he is largely ruled by his emotions and carries his past like a constant, heavy burden. He's still a talented engineer, but he devotes most of his efforts to finding ways to level the playing field. He transforms into an M60 Patton tank that fires a variety of specialized rounds that adhere to his target. These shells cause a variety of effects, including disrupting various systems. He also fires shells that deploy a cloud of super-massive pellets that quickly weigh down whatever they attach to. Coupled with advanced targeting systems, this makes him particularly effective at engaging airborne targets and bringing them within reach of other Autobots, as well as the massive hammer he always carries. The bulldozer kit attached to the front end of his tank mode becomes a makeshift shield in robot mode.
In 2016 Americans, Autobots, and Russians travelled to Benzheen to try to win a tank contract there. During the trial, Benzheen was attacked by forces from nearby Trucial Abysmia. The combined Autobot/G.I. Joe/Russian team drove the Trucial Abysmian forces back from the Benzheen border, although the Benzheen government was ultimately overthrown from within and a new pro-Abysmian military government was formed.
April 26 - "Portal Assault"
May 12 - Portal Research
<The Autobot spinny fades to a view of Lodestone, standing in the desert, with a clear view of the Southwest Portal in the background.>
- Well, apart from a few nuisances from Cobra, my opportunity to study the portal has gone reasonably uninterrupted. I've made some serious breakthroughs... mostly in the realm of being unable to simply close the portals altogether. I am, however, working on some other theories, namely something I call the 'Butterfly Net Phenomenon.' To put it in simpler terms, I've managed to devise a means of using the portal to form a bubble that absorbs matter back into the reality that it came from. Of course... haven't managed to make a bubble large enough to send back anything bigger than a rabbit, but... Yeah, don't ask how I got the rabbit. Anyway, just thought I'd give you lovely folks an update. Gettin' closer to the solution, little by little.
<Fade back to spinny.>
Aug 30 - Northeast Encounter
<Lodestone's face appears on the screen, with the submerged cityscape of New York City behind him.>
- Hey gang, Lodestone here. Tried to conduct a little experiment to maybe find out where some of these Decepticon power stations are. Involved releasing a bunch of quantum nano-probes into the Hudson River current, but that's not the point. Scourge was here, and thought he might try and take home a trophy. Well, since I'm still standing here, goes without saying that I sent him packing. I'm going to try and reset my experiment. If I can't manage it tonight, I'll head back for repairs and rework the experiment then.
<The picture fades out, back to the spinny.>
- July 19 - "Quintesson Invasion - The Arrival" - The Quintessons hijacked Earth's broadcasts, passing judgement for
the inadvertent destruction of their homeworld, Quintessa. Their Warships laid waste to the city of Los Angeles, dropping legions of Sharkticons throughout the city. Despite the efforts of Autobots, Decepticons, and Cobra, their flagship, the Bellum, descended and took up residence in the city ruins.
- July 31 - "Mamba's Black Box Report" - Interrogator sends a log of the Quintesson's attack on Los Angeles to Cobra Command.
- 8/31 - "The Final Phase" - The Quintesson Sevax is being put on trial for incompetence. He allowed a Decepticon to escape captivity and damage one of their Space Bridges. In retaliation, the Quintessons have chosen to advance their plans to the final phase.
- March 21 - "Assault on Iacon" - Trypticon launches an assault on Iacon.
- March 21 - "Epilogue: The Death of Zetar" - Bishop makes friends.
Lodestone was created by and is played by Dean