- The Pre-Transformer is an Autobot leader.
The "Pre-Transformer" was an Autobot leader during the time of peace that followed the departure of the Quintessons from Cybertron, who went on to lead the Autobots during their first war with the Decepticons.
The Transformers cartoon
The Pre-Transformer inherited the Matrix of Leadership from the Brooding Robot and became leader of the consumer goods robots following the rebellion that forced the Quintessons off Cybertron. These robots renamed themselves "Autobots," but their desires for a peaceful existence would be denied them by the military hardware robots, who were redubbed the "Decepticons," and waged war against the Pre-Transformer and his followers. Ill-equipped for combat, the Pre-Transformer was cut down in battle, and passed the Matrix on to Zeta Prime.
- Before he was named Guardian Prime, he went by Nominus.
- Guardian Prime bears a striking resemblance to Rodimus, making it seem it was always intended for Rodimus to inherit the Matrix of Leadership.
- This robot was never named in fiction. The designation "Pre-Transformer" comes from the dialogue script for "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4".
- An animation error results in the spectral image of the Brooding Robot appearing when the Pre-Transformer begins his narration, depriving us of an absolutely positive visual identification of the character. As the Rodimus-derived character pictured above appears during the Pre-Transformer's narration and is then shown dying and passing on the Matrix, it is assumed that he is intended to be the Pre-Transformer.
| This page uses content from Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Guardian Prime/The Transformers cartoon.