- This page is for the heroic, if annoying, Autobot diversionary tactician, sometimes called Stormfront. For his Shattered Glass field commander counterpart, see Stormfront (SG).
- Name: Dust Devil
- Faction: Autobot
- Species: Transformer
- Function: DIVERSIONARY TACTICS
- Division: Infantry
- Type: OC
|“||What good is living if you can't have some fun in life?||”|
Dust Devil has probably caused more Autobots to go get showers than he would care to admit. Kicking up dust has been a blast for him since he reached Earth. His usefulness was discovered when one of his accidental dust storms saved some of his teammates. Before this incident Tracks and Sunstreaker were all for reprogramming him. Dust Devil's hover car mode is jet propelled with small rockets allowing for high-speed bursts to get him out of danger. His twin side guns, available in both forms, allow him to fire while his fans kick up cover for his teammates. In his role of creating diversions, he has a force field that allows him some protection from both the debris that he kicks up and any crossfire in which he gets caught. If the crossfire is too heavy or he is somehow wounded before he can escape, his ability to hide lets him lie low until help arrives. Dust Devil's rotors are what keep him aloft with two main fans for lift, a set of smaller fans in the front and back for propulsion, and side fans for stability. Maneuverability is not a problem for this Autobot. Between the rockets and all the dust, it can be a challenge for some of the best sharpshooters to hit him. In robot mode he is able to exchange his hands for fans to allow him to create cover in other situations.
Dust Devil was built by Alpha Trion, and originally called 'Rhyzon,' meaning 'Hope.' When Trion died to create the Aerialbots, Dust Devil was left alone to fend for himself. Dust Devil resented the Aerialbots for a lot of years, blaming them for Trion's sacrifice.
|“||Not paranoid... educated by experience.||”|
|“||I am not a troublemaker. I'm just exceedingly creative in the use of my time....causing slight disturbances in the affairs of those around me.||”|
During the Timewarp TP, Dust Devil was replaced by an alternate future version of himself called Stormfront. Stormfront was a wise Autobot leader, and sometimes the Dust Devil of the present has flashes of his memories and images from the time he spent in Stormfront's future.
When Mal used the V'Ger's space-folding drive to teleport past the Plait Expanse into orbit around Cybertron and attack the Weatherbots outside the Temple of Knowledge, Dust Devil joined Alpha Trion, Professor Razorclaw, and the Weatherbots in fighting them off. Mal's crew was defeated, and Mal was forced to retreat into the mountains, leaving his ship in the hands of the Autobots.
Dust Devil boarded the ship with the other Autobots and quickly took command of it, assisted by his intimate knowledge of the TFUniverse V'ger. After assisting Alpha Trion in the rescue of Starscream from Darkmount, Dust Devil prepared to travel with his mentor to find Trion's nemesis, the Old One. While prepping the V'ger to leave, Shattered Glass Fireflight discovered Typhoon and a Junkion cruiser in the Manganese Mountains.
Flying down to investigate, Fireflight was tricked by Typhoon into believing the Autobots there were of the local evil type. Stormfront emerged from the V'Ger and ordered Fireflight to fly escort for them until they left the Manganese Mountains. Unsuspecting that Stormfront was really Dust Devil in disguise, Fireflight agreed.
When the Remote Patrol Six encountered the Junkion pirate ship V'ger in orbit around Cybertron in 2012, it fired on the V'ger, disabling it, and then sent in a boarding party. Met with heavy resistance by the Autobots and Decepticon aboard, however, the RP6 was forced to retreat.
Using information from Doctor Razorclaw, Trion directed the V'ger towards the Old One's last known whereabouts. However, the semi-sentient V'ger fought the Autobots' controls and crashed in Kaon. Undaunted, Alpha Trion and Dust Devil left the ship, setting off after the Old One on foot. Tracking his path, they found the Old One at last, who claimed to be waiting for them.
After the Old One critically injured Dust Devil and escaped, Krunix interrogated Dust Devil while Alpha Trion went for help. Returning with Typhoon, Alpha Trion got Dust Devil back to the V'ger and saved his life, repairing him with what parts Blizzard could fashion aboard the Junkion ship. Trion ordered Dust Devil to remain in sickbay until he was fully recovered, which meant of course Dust Devil tried to escape as soon as possible.
Longsight, who was in the V'ger's brig when it crashed in Kaon, had escaped into the walls of the ship. Longsight lay low until Dust Devil also tried to escape into the ship's infrastructure, at which time Longsight pounced, attempting to capture and eat Dust Devil. It took the combined efforts of Alpha Trion, Dust Devil, and Typhoon to drive Longsight from the ship; Longsight and Typhoon both had half their faces melted off in the process.
Alpha Trion repaired Dust Devil AGAIN and resumed plans to capture the Old One.
In March of 2012, Alpha Trion successfully tracked the Old One to his back, where the evil sage was waiting. Backed up by his henchman Blitzkrieg, the Old One attacked Alpha Trion with his Terminus Blade, critically injuring him before being driven back by Dust Devil and Firestar. Face shattered by Dust Devil's Ebon Dagger, the Old One retreated with Blitzkrieg's aid, leaving the Terminus Blade behind.
At first, Alpha Trion himself wielded the Terminus Blade, but quickly fell to its evil sway. Dust Devil fought Trion and won, taking the sword away from him. In return Trion built a special scabbard for the sword, entrusting it in Dust Devil's care for the time being.
Together Alpha Trion and Dust Devil ventured to the Chamber of Omega Terminus to seek aid against the Old One. They were attacked by the re-animated corpses of Cliffjumper, Drench, and Hyperdrive, and were almost overwhelmed before Dust Devil drew the Terminus Blade, at which Omega Terminus called off his minions. Terminus told Trion what he needed to do to repair the rifts, and then sent the two Autobots back, erasing their memories of where they'd been or where they'd learned their critical information.
Alpha Trion and Dust Devil successfully lured the Old One away from Iacon so Chromia and Firestar could make an attempt to scan the Old One’s Stellar Spanner. Using the information brought back by the Autobot femmes, Alpha Trion recused himself to work on a device to close the rifts, while Dust Devil worked with Trailbreaker to set up defensive installations in the temple.
However, before Trion could complete his device, the Temple of Knowledge was attacked by Ultra Magnus, who teleported into the temple with the use of one of Wheeljack's Stellar spanners. Magnus attempted to use a doomsday device to destroy Cybertron, but before Wheeljack was able to complete the device Dust Devil preemptively activated it with the Terminus Blade. Magnus attempted to escape before the doomsday device detonated, but Trailbreaker tossed it through the Wheeljack's portal before it closed. It is unknown if Magnus and his troops survived the deontation.
Dust Devil survived his near-fatal attempt to destroy the doomsday device, but lost the sword to Magnus. Alpha Trion, Benin-Jeri, and Firestar repaired Dust Devil's wounds enough to keep him alive, but Trion's assessment is that Dust Devil will need to be completely rebuilt as soon as they get back to Iacon, as his injures are so deep that he may not survive another armed conflict.
In 2013, Alpha Trion sent Dust Devil to Earth, to receive the better that could be provided by the advanced medical facilities at Autobot City. Once Dust Devil was stabilitied, he was flown back to Cybertron, to be rebuilt by Alpha Trion with the help of Spike and the Junkions.
In 2015, when Starscream attempted to use Alpha Trion to bring back Megatron, Dust Devil tried to stop him. However, Dust Devil was prevented from getting into the Vector Sigma chamber by the legions of Centurion droids. However, Dust Devil tricked Starscream's Seekers into provoking the droids, and then went to belatedly retrieve Alpha Trion's body after Starscream seemingly succeeded in his task.
Later in 2015 the Decepticons re-activated Internment Camp Pi and started kidnapping Praxus citizens, Autobot and neutral alike, to work in the mines. One of those captured was Dust Devil, and Springer allowed himself to be captured in order to gather intelligence on the camp.
In 2016, Dust Devil once again got past the droids and spoke to the ghost of Alpha Trion, who allowed Dust Devil to bypass the droids peacefully on his way out and back to the surface. Later in the year, Seawing attacked Altihex to draw out the Autobots. When Dust Devil arrived to stop him, Snaptrap halted the attack, and approached Dust Devil to ask him to help gain access to the Chamber of Vector Sigma. Dust Devil was cagey, and offered to pass along a message and let Vector Sigma decide if Snaptrap could approach it. Snaptrap agreed for now, and let the young Autobot go to seek Vector Sigma out alone.
In 2017, Counterpunch, Dust Devil, Seaspray, and Shockwave travelled down to the Cybertron Underworld to seek out the knowledge of Vector Sigma. In spite of clever diversionary efforts by Counterpunch, the Decepticons were almost overwhelmed by Centurion Droids... until they were suddenly called off by Dust Devil. Dust Devil received a prophesy from Vector Sigma and the ghost of Alpha Trion: that a new Key might restore Cybertron, but it had been hidden where no mech could find it, and it unlocked a room into which no mech could enter. Vector Sigma was then buried in a cave-n. Dust Devil later went back with Zetar to check on Vector Sigma's status. Later he helped defend Iacon against an assault by Trypticon. In May of that year he took part in a successful strike against the Decepticon planetary engines under the ruins of Kalis.
In 2019, Aegis used Kaltor to temporally download Stormfront into Dust Devil's body, turning him once again into a Prime. After the death of Megatronus, Dust Devil reverted back to his old self, and was promoted by Chromia to ambassador to Valvolux.
- December 24 - "80s Christmas - Autobot POV" - A traveler from the future warns of dire danger!
- December 24 - "80s Christmas - G.I. Joe POV" - Cobra ruins a Christmas cookout.
- 07.04 - "Flashback to 1991" - Shipwreck spins a yarn about a supposed Cobra attack on Independence Day.
- October 9 - "A long long time ago..." - Dust Devil's first meetup with Typhoon.
- March - "Training Detail" - Dust Devil gets driving lessons.
- March 14 - "I've got plans..." Benin-Jeri and Dust Devil plot to save Longsight
- August 27 - "Flashback 2000" - Spike asks Trailbreaker to maybe CONSIDER taking Dust Devil under his wing.
- September 11 - "Forcefield Practice" - Trailbreaker offers to help Dust Devil further develop his forcefield skills.
- August 28 - Outrider's Death - Harbinger and Outrider kill each other. Harbinger eventually gets better.
- July 22 - Alpha Trion Runs into Dust Devil
- July 23 - An Illuminating Examination: Alpha Trion examines Dust Devil, and finds out more about Luminous and her activities on Earth.
- October 15 - Blaster Returns to Autobot City
- October 16 - The Key Returned
- November 05 - Autobots Exiled
- December 14 - Sometimes The Bear Gets You - IMORTAL try to drive the Decepticons out of Russia.
- July 08 - Benin-Jeri and Dust Devil
- September 07 - Big Water - Blaster takes Snoop to Florida to see Big Water... in the form of an incoming tsunami!
- October 15 - Repairs: Benin-Jeri repairs Dust Devil's remaining injuries.
- October 15 - Origins: Alpha Trion calls Dust Devil a tool.
- October 21 - The Offer - Alpha Trion and Dust Devil discuss Cuffs' offer to teach Dust Devil how to gain the respect of his fellow Autobots
draw off the Old One so the Femmes can attempt an infiltration.
- October 08 - "Travel to Tarn" - Alpha Trion and Dust Devil Travel to Tarn to lay a trap for the Old One.
- October 29 - "Battle of Tarn" - Alpha Trion and Dust Devil lure the Old One to Tarn, to keep him distracted while Chromia and Firestar infiltrate Iacon.
- October 29 - "Sandstorm to the rescue!" - Sandstorm travels to the Shattered Glass universe.
- November 01 - "A Mission, and Mercy" - Chromia and Firestar infiltrate Iacon, and encounter a dying Decepticon.
- November 26 - "(Mis)Communication" - Alpha Trion has a little difficulty communicating with Windshear.
- December 02 - "Unwelcome Guest" - Alpha Trion decides to invite Red Alert to join him at the Temple of Knowledge.
- December 02 - "Autobot Invasion" - Ultra Magnus attacks the Temple of Knowledge in an attempt to destroy all of Cybertron.
- December 02 - "Autobot Invasion - Magnus POV" - Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus launches an attack on the Temple of Knowledge.
- December 18 - "New Designs" - Benin-Jeri ponders new designs for Dust Devil
- January 28 - "Pump-Felt Farewells" - Alpha Trion says good-bye to the Shattered Glass Decepticons and gathers the remaining Autobots to return to the main-universe Temple of Knowledge
- February 18 - "It's All Fun and Games" - Alpha Trion Trusts His Life to a Human, and Benin-Jeri loses an optic
- February 18 - "Dust Devil adjusts to his new body" - The above log, from Benin-Jeri's POV
- February 25 - "Use the Force, Dust Devil!" - Benin-Jeri continues to help Dust Devil adjust to his new body.
- March 11 - "Dust Devil Modifications" - Dust Devil tests out his new body modifications
- October 10 - Shattered Glass Finale - Emperor Prime and his band of Shattered Glass Autobots make an assault through the last remaining portal linking their world and the main one.
- August 05 - "Guard Brawl" - Brawl torments Decepticon prisoner Dust Devil.
- August 10 - "Autobots to the Rescue!" - Autobots, as well as neutrals from all over Praxus, have been captured and put to work in Internment Camp Pi. Springer has allowed himself to get captured to work from the inside, and before his inhibiter claw was affixed he was able to leak out information about the camp.
- September 15 - "Trial of Jetfire, Day I" - First day of Jetfire’s trial for treason.
- March 17 - "Keeping Dust Devil Company" - Typhoon hangs out with Dust Devil while he repairs one of his fanblades.
- March 25 - "Party in the medbay!" - Autobots and humans gather in the medbay.
- April 21 - "After Silent Grill" - Dust Devil visits Typhoon while she recovers from nearly dying beneath Silent Grill.
- April 27 - "Trion Square Memorial" - Dust Devil creates a memorial for his mentor.
- May 16 - "Leave the Vermin Alone!" - The Decepticons hunt a rat in a Canyon.
- July 12 - "Repair Bay Discussion" - Dust Devil comes in with yet another injury.
- July 13 - "Deathknell: One in a Billion" - The Autobots have their prize, the Decepticons know what's going on. And Silent Grill looms. But to rid the world of the Dead Energon Sea, Dal Matia must be either slain or apprehended. Hope upon hope that a Decepticon can save the planet from its poisoning... THE FINALE OF DEATHKNELL, Part 1.
- August 29 - "Against the Centurions" - Benin-Jeri and Dust Devil travel to the center of Cybertron.
- August 30 - "Seeking Answers" - Dust Devil seeks out the wisdom of Vector Sigma.
Sep 01 - For those it may concern....
<Dust Devil's face appears on the screen and he pulls out a data pad and begins reading.> I Dust Devil, most awesome ruler of....err wrong datapad. Ummm yeah Well me and Benin decided ta do a little road trip and go where no bot has gone before 10am this mornin. I went ta see a guy about what's been rockin and rollin with Cybers. Well disembodied voices aside, Alpha Trion and Vector Sigma say that yer plan actually worked. But that the planet is gonna do some more wigglin around before the reformattin is complete. We're ta stay the course and not bug out on the planet. So ummm if you have any questions and want verbatim what the old bot and the disco ball said, I'll see about writin it down. In the meantime, I need ta find some JB weld and duct tape fer Benin. Seems the Centurion bots still get annoyed with visitors when they don't call first.
October 30 - "Another Path"
While Spike attempts to help Quickswitch, Benin-Jeri and Dust Devil discuss going back to Cybertron.
- January 17 - "Visit to Vector Sigma" - Seaspray encounters the legendary super-computer Vector Sigma!
- January 17 - "A Sign from Primus" - Bumblebee and Spike discuss what to do about the hidden Key to the Plasma Energy Chamber.
- February 13 - "Do As I Say and Not As I Do" - Dust Devil and Zetar search for Vector Sigma.
Feb 14 - Dust Devil being Dust Devil
Dust Devil looks a bit more dusty than usual. There are newer scratches here and there, probably a couple small dents but on his face is a big smile. "Okay so I know that I should have actually spoken ta others and gotten better permission and all but I did talk with Red about it. And he did help me find someone ta do some diggin. Of course he was probably wantin me ta give him an actual time frame and all that but well...hey there's no time like the present right? So me and Zetar," Dust Devil moves so that you can see a digger class mech behind him looking around in the medical bay. "That's Zetar there...."
He moves back close to the camera and talks lower, "uh yeah he was just followin my orders so uhhh if you guys decide ta pull rank, just make sure it falls on me okay? Well Either way we went ta check out Vector Sigma. Apparently going THROUGH the rubble can be pretty darn handy when yer not able to slink around the back ways. Oh and we did try ta find some others ta help. But fer some reason they were all busy. So we went it alone. And well it is VERY much not safe down there. I don't suggest extra missions down there unless it's like life or death. His diggin skills and my forcefield kept us from becomin one with Cybertron in a very messy way. So well we're headin down and we can hear someone else diggin. After some listenin we figure out its Megatron. So I took the executive decision and decided that I didn't want ta see Megsy's ruby red optics if I could help it. That and I didn't want ta endanger Zetar so we modified our route ta take us away from them. Well...That was all well and good but then I can hear some transorganics. Oh yeah if you haven't had a tour of our planet, there's some rather powerful and grumpy critters that kinda like chewin on our kind. I really don't suggest further study unless you want an interior anatomy lesson the hard way. So here we are with that whole Rock and hard place or Fryin pan fire scenario that the humans talk about and I came up with a great idea. Zetar totally helped but we pretty much made ourselves a side route so that Megatron and the Things from beneath the surface could have a dinner date. We closed the route behind us and continued on. So finally we get near the chamber. There's no action from the Centurions. That was rather disconcerting...which after all the times I've been chased, you'd think I'd be happy. But no answer from Vector or Alpha or movement. Zetar starts diggin in closer and we find Vector. Vector has been damaged. Zetar got zapped and ummmmm someone a tad more qualified than me might want ta discuss his new look..." He points toward his optics and moves so that the camera can see that Zetar's optics are a rather nice shade of gold instead of blue. Dust Devil's visage reappears, "So I help Zetar up and we manage ta put a patch over Vector ta help protect Vector. Zetar said some things that well...changed my ideas of comin straight home. So I carefully had me and Zetar rebury Vector. Did my best ta cover our tracks..." He wipes some of the dust off his shoulder and looks at it with a grin before going back to his monologue. "And we went on our next adventure."
Feb 14 - Message to spike and higher-ups
Okay Next adventure this message is for Spike and any higher important type Autobots....well all of them except Red Alert. And yes I know Red Alert will end up readin this anyway. HAH! Hey Spike, when Zetar got zapped by Vector Sigma, he started actin a little bit off. But due to all the other weird stuff I've been around, I decided ta go with it and see where it went. Zetar said he thought he knew where the place was! And so without tellin anyone we were goin, we went! And it is there! But yer gonna have ta go. It isn't designed fer bot comfort! The cons were tryin ta get ta vector in case ya haven't read my last post. So I'm gonna just assume that they're pretty much on our heels. So get tagether with the others you think ya need. Oh...and ya might want ta see if there's like some bubblewrap we can put on ya ta make the trip a bit safer. And maybe some MRE's in case we're buried for month or so....I'll send ya a message fer any other useless stuff I think you might need.
February 20 - "Spidey-Sense Tingling"
Dust Devil opens up to Spike Witwicky.
February 24 - "A Surprise Pest"
Dust Devil stumbles upon Megatron's plans beneath Kalis.
Mar 02 - Reporting In
Dust Devil reporting in. Ummmm well I'm reporting on why I stopped us from bombing the engines. They are very touchy it seems. When the cons captured ze and asked me to surrender.. Well I threatened ta shoot the engines and the cons freaked out. So I'm pretty sure they were honest in that regard. I got them ta release z and also got them ta allow z ta confirm that we are indeed in a stable orbit. Or mostly stable. They only fire now ta minutely adjust and stabilize our orbit. I had a number of reasons ta not blow up the engines and ta not push the cons from them. Feel free to send hatemail to my inbox. Dust devil out.
March 21 - "Assault on Iacon"
Trypticon launches an assault on Iacon.
March 21 - "Epilogue: The Death of Zetar"
Bishop makes friends.
April 29 - "How A Resurrection Really Feels"
Dust Devil recruits Typhoon and Spike to give Zetar a final resting place. But given Dust Devil's close connections to a few friends, Zetar's demise may be short lived.
April 30 - "Goodbye, Spike Witwicky"
Dust Devil and Typhoon say goodbye to Spike Witwicky as he heads home from Cybertron.
May 3 - "The Return of Zetar"
Zetar returns, to Bishop's surprise and disbelief.
August 06 - "Planning"
December 18 - "Attack on Autobot City"
- January 27 - "Dust Devil Defends Spike" - Dust Devil calls Crosscut out for not better supporting Spike Witwicky in Spike's duties as junior ambassador.
- January 27 - "Ahoy Dust Devil!" - Dust Devil meets a pirate on Nebulos!
- April 17 - "Attack on the Metal Plains" - The Decepticons are at it again, launching a massive campaign in an attempt of take over the manufacturing base of the newly-revitalized Cybertron. Only Elita's squad of plucky Autobots can stop Shockwave's relentless march to the west from Helex.
- May 16 - "Forgemates" - Elita One finally gets something off her processor.
- May 17 - "Invasion of Valvolux" - The Decepticons launch an assault on Valvolux.
- May 21 - "Raid on Valvolux" - Overlord launches a surprise attack on Valvolux.
- July 17 - "Poisoned!" - Dust Devil is poisoned! Scales and Backblast start looking for antidotes. Bulwark decides to go to the source.
- July 30 - "Time to Call in Some Help" - Backblast and Scales are stumped, so they ask an expert to help.
- November 08 - "I'll Huff and I'll Puff" - The Fallen comes a-calling in Retoris (Fallen POV).
- November 08 - "Facing The Fallen" - The Fallen has come to Retoris to make his demands of the Autobots. The Autobots defy him.
- November 10 - "Careful Conversation" - While repairing structures in Harmonex, its defenders trade some information without giving away too much.
- November 15 - "Valvolux Briefing" - Elita One gets briefed on certain aspects of Bulwark.
- December 9 - "Spike Sight-Sees" - Spike goes back to Harmonex to look around when he's not so pre-occupied.
- December 20 - "Law and Order" - Dust Devil is traumatized and Soundwave seems to be at fault. Delusion is determined to learn what happened.
- January 4 - "Busy Night at the Rollout" - Soundwave buys drinks at the Rollout, and a crowd shows up to drink them.
- January 5 - "Keeping Busy" - For how much he goofs off, Dust Devil has been busy lately.
- January 23 - "CAT's away" - A team of covert Autobots start their mission - which begins with infiltrating Decepticon territory.
- January 30 - "Up the Tower" - The CAT sneaks through Decepticon territory to hack a communications tower.
- February 6 - "The Next Move" - The information is in, so the CAT plans its next move.
- February 08 - "Those Guys on the Surface Are Being Weird" - Dust Devil visits Alpha Trion once again.
- February 10 - "Visitors to Vector Sigma" - Dust Devil brings a friend to seek out the secrets of Primus.
Mar 12 - Dusty Adventures!
The Fallen visited Valvolux. We thought he was heading there to attack so me and Soundwave showed up to...uhh....not sure if help or watch would be the better word. Apparently he was tryin ta recruit Knightmare and have her turn over whatever Bulwark has. Knightmare attacked the fallen by herself. Me and Soundwave kinda distracted him. I said something he shouldn' about an old girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I WOULDA died but KNightmare jumped in front of the attack. I then told Soundwave to play Solus' Requiem while I started reciting one of the prayers I remembered reading in the files when we were researching. And SOMEHOW we drove him off. Ummmm I probably don't need a lecture on stupidity. Or blasphemy.....or a few other rules and possible laws I broke. But there's some serious stuff goin on. Fer the higher ups, here's a file of the information I got from Soundwave when he tried talkin ta the core of Cybertron. I maybe shoulda reported this sooner....and there's other stuff but....ummm...guess someone should chat with me if they wanna know more.
March 18 - "Bread and Circuses"
March 22 - "Act of Creation"
Ratchet and Spike work on their secret project.
March 23 - "A Flicker of Light"
Once again Dust Devil seeks the wisdom of Alpha Trion.
March 27 - "CAT: Charlie Foxtrot"
April 9 - "CAT reassessment"
After running into the trap previously, the team assembles to figure out what to do next.
May 15 - "The CAT Catches Its Rat"
Jul 31 - Dust Devil report
Okay so apparently we're supposed to check in and give regular reports on stuff and I guess I'm a bit on the behind side of that deal. Sooo I tried to save the world, screwed up and now we have ta deal. Hope that clarifies things.
- < Toward the end of the page there's a blurb that says for higher ups optics only....especially not Chromia! > So due ta some hijinx with Soundwave, I accidentally found out the location of the requiem blaster from what I assume was Primus and I kept the info to myself up until I told Optimus which apparently was a complete mistake. He gets infected and tries going rogue planning to get to the blaster and use it. I...ummmm well....I panicked and went to Bulwark and the dominicons...mostly bulwark but we ended up going and getting it without completely destroying Junkion. That's not ta say that is wasn't damaged and shook up...but it's still sorta....in kinda mostly one piece. The fallen then came after valvolux and the blaster. And right now he's playing tag with Bulwark across the universe. So...if valvolux calls fer help, we might want ta give it considerin what they have. Soooooo then there's Soundwave and Imager we had been doin some...recreational therapy on the pair to try and keep them from completely losin it since they were being so statuesque and all and it seemed ta be helpin. I then get a heads up from Tracker that somethin is goin down and an AUtobot shuttle is landin. But then there was a con comin out and Scales is supposed ta help me see if we can sharpen some of those images and stuff. They stole Soundwave and IMager and they took Tracker. We're tryin ta figure who did it so we can get them back. There...I'm sure I'm fergettin stuff but I did post.
August 14 - "Fix Him While We Can"
Aug 15 - Doing it again.
Well I think it's been a week. I did some cleanin in the medical bay but I can't sit in here. So yeah it'll makes some people annoyed but I'm goin out. Tracker is still gone. And it's...affectin me. And figure I'll post this as I'm leavin Iacon cause Red would probably want ta lock me up. I...don't know what's goin on and I need ta get out. Might do some work fer Encore. Anyone catches me wandering and I don't answer feel free ta knock my feet out from under me and return me ta Encore. Pretty sure he can lock me in the Distillery if I get too annoyin. So...there I posted again. Chromia should be happy. If I ain't there...Ummm maybe I'll my beacon on standby. Someone can GPS me then if they really need ta.
- August 20 - "Called Back into Action" - Aegis calls in some help from the future.
August 24 - "Into the Catacombs"
Aug 26 - Went on a trip
<< text only >> We have Imager and Tracker back. Thank you to all those who aided in getting them back. Deathsaurus and his group lead the charge and I was there as support. They were able to gather up the 'statues' and delivered Imager to Iacon. Deathsaurus was given some repairs while Star Saber wasn't here. I engaged Ar-gent in a battle of wits and agility to get Tracker back and then returned for repairs for me and Tracker. Deathsaurus was able to leave and First Aid did a great job getting me and tracker back together. << the text is signed with an picture of a dust devil that has a grin on its face rather than a name >>
August 27 - "Red Alert Checks on Medical"
Red Alert makes sure Ratchet is okay and no funny business is happening while he's around.
August 29 - "Curing Imager"
Imager finally gets cured of nucleosis.
September 22 - "The Fallen Attacks Iacon- Dominicon Perspective"
September 23 - The Fallen and Iacon
Yesterday we were attacked by the being known as the fallen. Thanks to Perceptor and the science team's efforts, we had enough warning to get the shields up and evacuate many of those in Iacon to Fortress Maximus. The forcefield held long enough for the front liners to get into position and Cosmos to help drop a space station? on the fallen. Bulwark and the Dominicons came and fought valiantly. Their efforts really really helped turn the tide. Delusion's Holograms distracted the fallen further into the battle which allowed key attacks to be made. Soundwave and the decepticons that came also made it possible to weaken the Fallen to the point that the final attacks made their mark. Many Cybertronians gave their all in the battle. I hope all will be recognized later when tallys have been figured. The Fallen very nearly achieved his goal. Backblast and Chromia were protecting Brainstorm who was using the time stream to aid in defeating him. When the final blow was struck, the fallen was defeated by his own actions. In return we have gained a new ally and Megatronus I feel earned his name again. While the fallen's actions can never be excused. When we meet our end, there should be a chance for forgiveness. May the future that has been gifted to us all come with that chance of forgiveness and the offer of a brighter new day.
September 24 - "One Missing Dragon"
After The Fallen's attack, Scales has been hiding. But there are still people looking for her.
October 1 - "Being in Charge Is Hard"
Scales and Stormfront chat a bit before returning to the Medical Center and the people there.
October 7 - "Dust Devil Has a Processor Ache"
Dust Devil is back, and trying to catch up on what he missed.
Oct 13 - Target <mal>practice
Dust Devil here, I got a distress call earlier from Cerebros shortly after i got off forcefield duty. He apparently had been on patrol either scheduled or voluntary...I'm not sure and ended up way off course. I should have been there to make sure he knew the route. When I got there, Swindle had apparently used him for target practice fer his new weapon that he was tryin ta hawk ta Deathsaurus and Goth. Enroute I radio'd fer aid but receivin no answer from anyone, I called Delusion ta forward the message if she wouldn't come help. I'm pretty sure I saw her playin distraction as we were retreatin. I forcefielded Cerebros in time for another attack and I was able ta dodge before we got out. Cerebros had been hit in the back before I got there. I stuck a patch on him before radioin fer medics ta see Cerebros. If there were issues with Cerebros' actions, then I shoulda been payin more attention ta him ta keep this from happenin. Starlock was kind enough ta patch him up and he'll probably be restin while dealin with the energon loss.
- October 14 - "Arrivals, New and Old" - Iacon sees some new faces and some old ones that haven't been back in a while.
- October 27 - "You Found Me Beautiful Once" - Bad Mort and his Deadites are up to their old shenanigans, and they're bringing some new friends with them.
November 5 - "Ask an Expert"
Dust Devil continues to work with Jetfire in the aerospace division. Scales comes by with a medical and ethical problem.
November 12 - "Caution: Brainstorm at Work!"
Posting this log is worth 50 Brainstorm Points easy
November 18 - "Spelunking for Crystals"
Scales investigates the holes in the ground left by Fortress Maximus previously.
November 19 - "Performance Review"
Cerebros, Spike, and Fortress Maximus all consider what could have gone better.
November 20 - "With the Benefit of Hindsight"
Scales, Dust Devil, and Spike all work to make the forcefield safer and teach the younger Bots about paperwork. On IRC, Deathsaurus laments his choices.
Dec 29 - Ambassadorial thingy
Well, guess I should post about this whole.... thing. Wow. Really don't know what ta say but guess I'll do my best. Long as yer not expectin me ta be just like Crosscut or Spike. Guess I coulda been made ambassador ta the cons. I'd made sure all the official memos ta them included glitter. Okay okay I know this is supposed ta be formal and all that. I'm getting the place fixed up and Cerebros is helping. I ran into Deathsaurus... Wow... I think he's bigger. He was civil and all. I told him I was helpin out at Valvolux. Wasn't sure I should admit ta bein the full Ambassador ta him. Guess they'll figure it out eventually either way. Dust Devil out.
- January 2 - "Word Games with Cerebros" - Cerebros ends up arguing semantics with Dominicons.
- January 20 - "Philosophies of Peace" - Khamsin meets one of the Dominicons and asks Delusion's perspective.
- 1/3 - "Asking For An Incident" - A fight between breaks out between Imager and Soundwave and spills out of control when Starlock tries to stop it and get them to talk civilly.
- 1/5 - "A Lucky Reunion" - Sometimes having the worst luck in the world, has its payoffs.
- February 11 - "Dust Devil Hurts Himself" - Dust Devil hurts himself while messing around. Scales and Spike patch him up.
- 3/10 - "Radio Panic - Darkmount" - An explosion to happen on the Decepticon communications link,
but Blast Off has other priorities!
- March 29 - "The Wisdom of the Ages" - Dust Devil and Incognito travel down to Alpha Trion for advice.
Apr 13 - Reminded to make reports for no reason
This is the report that never ends... it just goes on and an on my friends. Chromia made me write and I didn't know why, so I made it a musical to listen to her sigh so this is the report that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, I heard a hand hit a forehead and it made a clank, pretty sure she's regretting the increase in my rank so this is the report that never ends....**BANG** OW! Okok I'm done! That wasn't necessary!
- May 5 - "An Unexpected Prank" - Dust Devil is unexpectedly generous for his latest prank.
- May 13 - "Altihex Assault: Labs" - Valour leads an assault on Altihex so the Decepticons can seize the research in its labs. Deathsaurus chooses that moment to grandstand.
- June 25 - "Diplomatic Dents" - Dust Devil returns to Valvolux and his ambassadorial duties by getting into a match in the Arena.
- August 7 - "Wild Cybertron Petrorillas Episode" - Wild Cybertron - "Petrorilla Episode": Backblast, Hot Rod, and Dust Devil journey to watch one of Backblast's Petrorilla groups, the Copperback Clade that resides in the Ibex foothills of the Manganese Mountains.
August 31 - "All Sorts of Problems"
The Medical Center is starting to fill up again.
September 2 - "Mysterious Influences"
Sep 03 - Fielding an Interdimensional Collection
>**AUTOBOT SPINNY suddenly speeds up and becomes Dust Devil's grinning logo** <
- Dust Devil appears on the screen though he's made sure the camera angle makes him a little more important instead of his usual haphazard way of doing things.
- "So yeah, not sure why I ended up with this but apparently a report needs to be written and I was volunteered. Apparently no one respects the time honored tradition of Not it. I'd just finished a lesson with Cerebros when Scales returned to check on Ratchet, Typhoon and Sideswipe. Sideswipe's demeanor was making Sunstreaker's usual self seem Sunny and he became more agitated. Especially when Wheeljack came in. And next thing we know he's overheating and crashing. That's when WHeeljack says that Sideswipe's issue seems related to Ratchet's and Typhoon's and that the interdimensional radiation seems to be affecting it. Well I piped up with attempting to forcefield Sideswipe and see if that helps. WE brought Trailbreaker in because Trailbreaker's forcefields are among the strongest while I used mine to change the frequency and warp it as needed when things changed. It was working! Trailbreaker and I expanded the forcefield and then Ratchet and Typhoon woke up. Me and Trailbreaker had the whole medical are forcefielded until Wheeljack had modulated the medical bay's forcefields to where they block whatever is affecting our friends. One of us is trying to stay near the medical bay in case changes have to be suddenly made.
- So here's the thing....Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, Ratchet and Typhoon and the Weatherbots are three separate incidences that are all being affected by the same thing. How many others are actually being subtly influenced or outright controlled by either the nanobots that were found in the twins or whatever was affectin Ratchet and the weatherbots. So while my limited understanding from Wheeljack is that this has a dimensional/portal correlation....I'm not sure if it was just the bot's portal. What about the space bridge or the Destron's homefortressshipthing. What spread the nanobots and who else may have been affected. My suggestion is we inform our allies and well...even the cons/destrons about this and get their forcefielders checking people while also us sending our forcefielders to check on our own people. We might wanna start makin a chain and seein who else was with the twins, and see if they're infected too. We already know Starlock was present but who was there on the con's side? And where did the twins actually pick this up initially. And most importantly, Where are the rest of the weatherbots? The thing I encountered when Wheeljack was usin me fer fishin bait was welll....it felt hungry. And Typhoon was out collecting energon and so apparently were the other weatherbots"
- The Autobot logo appears and spins again into the mischievous dust devil icon and snickers as it twirls it's way off screen.
Oct 13 - Minormajor mishap Memo
>**AUtobot symbol spins and becomes a spinning dust devil that giggles maniacally before twirling offscreen.**<
- "Okay somehow I got volunteered for this because all the head honchos decided to skidaddle before the fun began. There was a minormajorish mishap with the simulator. And apparently when that happens if you happen to be taking on a dinobot and yer a bit on the small side you get....well...kinda hurt. SO ummmm Starlock is in the medical bay needing some work and the simulator needs the tender loving mercies of grapple, hoist and/or Wheeljack. I kinda suggest not using the simulator until someone clears it. You've been warned! Dust Devil OUT!
Oct 13 - Strange Stroll
>**AUtobot symbol spins and becomes a spinning dust devil that giggles maniacally before twirling offscreen.** <
- << THis post is coded for higher ups! >>
- So I was takin Fort Max out fer a stroll and we came across Ghost. I tried my best ta keep the con away from Fort Max, Cerebros and Spike but they didn't listen ta me! WEll somethin....happened. Not precisely sure what. And the three totally deserve all test ya'll decide to run on them fer not listenin ta me and letting Ghost touch Fort Max! They all seem fine and I'm not precisely sure what exactly she got from touchin Fort Max but it looks like all three picked up on it. SO yeah...lots of tests are totally warranted! Dust Devil out!
- October 27 - "Distracted by a Devil" - Ghost wakes up and realizes Dust Devil is there and is the reason she isn't quite as cold. They talk about things while she's distracted still. And then she gets a radio message...
- November 2 - "It's Full of Sparks" - Being the nosy sort (who in Intel isn't), Ghost went with Starlock, Dust Devil, and Krystallos to watch them meet and visit with Alpha Trion and Vector Sigma. Things happen after Alpha Trion tells the other three to go ahead and leave Ghost behind to talk.
- Nov 18 - "Autobot Comms: Re: Brainstorm" - Someone's freaking lab is right out in the street... and it's making noise.
Nov 22 - ghost
>**Your rank must be -THIS- high to view this post. Aka commandish staff or whoever they allow** <
- The Autobot spinny cuts to Dust Devil doing a video report.
- "So yeah I needed to make a post about this and ummmm I've taken Fort Max for a walk to help with his training and it seems Ghost seems attracted to the big grumpy and city sized sort of mechs. Like to the point she was....umm...sleep walking?flying? So she's said something about seeing code. And said she saw Fort Max's code. And that resulted in a misunderstanding with how when someone sees something they can't really unsee it. FortMax and Cerebros got agitated and got angry and well between the pair they hurt her on at least two separate occasions mighta been three but who's counting. We sorta fixed her. Somewhere in the midst of this it was brought up that she doesn't have control of it and...kindasortatookherwithwhen..I went and took Starlock and Crystallos to see Alpha Trion with Vector Sigma. There might have been....unsupervised interaction between her and ummm them before I took her back ta the surface. Oh and if you find her unconscious somewhere...ya might wanna watch out for her tapecrow thingy. Omen likes to bite and she ejects the bugger who has a particularly foul..fowl mouth. Oh and it likes energon treats. So I think I did what I was told and hope this helped. At least she's lookin better than when I found her passed out pretty much in Calyhex."
- Autobot spinny becomes a little whirlwind that grins and laughs maniacally while it travels offscreen.
Nov 27 - May the force be with us...
>**text based post**< This is mostly geared ta Chromia and whoever needs this but I chatted with Benin about getting back his shuttle. I know we're looking into it and a few other things. There might be some aid instead but we're not sure if his batteries have died or not. Once we get close we can find out more. Benin wants to help so I hope that's okay. **AUtobot Spinny becomes grinning whirlwind.**
- December 7 - "Visiting Dust Devil" - Ben visits Dust Devil in Valvolux.
- December 21 - "Con Chatter" - Something bad happens in Ky-Alexia.
- December 29 - "Spacebridge Refugee" - A lab, a plan, a surge: Surprise, an Autobot.
- December 29 - "Arguments Over Drinks" - Autobots and Decepticons mingle at The Rollout Bar.
- February 09 - "A Late Night in Iacon Medical" - Dust Devil and Starlock come to the IMC.
- 03/03 - "A Place For Me" - Crosswise comes to New Harmonex and is given an offer by Starlock.
- March 12 - "Assault on Ibex" - Ibex Grande Push
- March 12 - "Ibex Incursion" - Valour leads the Decepticons in a strike to take over Ibex itself well before the deadline he, himself, had set. The Autobots scramble, the defenses they had worked on now being put to the test.
- April 09 - "Passing the Torch" - Alpha Trion summons Incognito to the Vector Sigma Chamber.
May 17 - Missing Homework
- -Autobot Spinny-
- March 24-Snuck into a meeting that I probably wasn't invited to with Prime talking about succession. Gave comments. Managed to not get tossed out.
- April 1st Ummmm Helped save Spike from Ravage, once Spike was being triaged and evac'd, Me and Tracker hunted the wounded Ravage down, doing our best to scare him. WE ended up cornering him and I released him into Ghost's custody. Not an April fool's joke.
- April 4-Helped Signal Flare and moonracer move a damaged Hot Rod that got shot or something and was radiating or somethin to medical. Blame Security for shooing me out of the medical bay before I could find out what happened. Still am not able to glow in the dark.
- April 9- Went to visit Vector Sigma.
- April 12th -Got into a fight with a con along with some others. Got pretty hurt. Think her name was Skuld. She tried bisecting me with an axe. I think it was a hell of a fight.
- April 14th-Scales was workin on some of my repairs as well as everyone elses. I think we lost that battle.
- April 28 and May 4th-Clean up Isle Sideswipe. Parts 1 and 2 He got in a fight with first Ghost and then Soundwave. I got ta drag him back. He's stupidly heavy! Blackwing helped finish the transport. Someone teach him to pick his battles a little better.
- -Autobot Spinny becomes a mini grinning cyclone that laughs maniacally as it exits the screen-
May 19 - Proposal
Dear Jetfire and other members of the Autobot scientific community.
- I, Dust Devil, am requesting time and some resources to study the Great Storm that occurs over the Altihex desert. I don't want too many gauges as they can possibly affect my maneuverability, but I'm willing to take readings before and during the storm to give you as much data as I can. I figure my use of forcefields will not only protect me but also give us readings on how flying through a storm like this can be better achieved with forcefields as well as catching the strength of the winds and overall sustained power of the Storms. Last year while I was there, there were numerous Decepticons. The overall event was pretty peaceful but I can do my best to see the effects the storms have on those in attendance and send that info to Intel as well as you scientific types. I think the overall experience will benefit many.
- Sincerely, Dust Devil.
May 24 - Instrument set-up and Calibration
Hey this is Dust Devil checking in. Me and Tracker have got the instruments nearly all set up for tracking this storm. I need you science types to check the readings you are getting on your end as most of the fliers are predicting height of the storm to be tomorrow. Already the winds are intense. If you don't have a forcefield or altmode that lets you deal with these air currents you better have a titan's weight to back you up. I'm gonna need a repaint after this. The good thing is those patches ya wanted on me Jetfire are gonna stick much better ta scoured metal I'm predictin. I have mapped out a few vantage points for nonfliers to observe the activity. Yer not gonna wanna be in those places though without safety ropes and I'd say face shields in order ta protect the lenses of yer optics from scouring. If ya like yer paintjob stay away. I do have a couple cameras set up though at the height of the storm, I'm not sure if there is going to be electromagnetic disruptions or not. The Destrons observed me doing the set up and didn't stop me. It might be in our favor to offer some of these readings in order to maintain good relations....at least for stuff like this if ya get me.
May 27 - Storm Results
< text Only > I'm still at the area of the Altihex desert observing the results of the dying storm and what's done to the area. That and I'm too darn tired to drag my carcass back ta base yet. Tell Cerebros or whoever is coming this way to bring some energon. I burned through my supplies. In the meantime, I've begun downloading the data from all the recording equipment from the science department. Other than needing replacement lenses from the sand etching, I believe all of it is in working order. There was some massive electricity discharges and so I suggest calibrations may be in order. I'll probably need some tweaking myself when I get back. Overall I think I gathered some excellent data that can be used in multiple fields.
Jun 01 - Post Storm Post
<< Autobot Spinny >>
- Hey guys, Dust Devil here! Just reportin that all that Data is back fer you science types to pour over. Don't forget that I'm sharin some of this data with others and that the video footage goes ta Backblast first since he set up the rig system for Tracker. That doesn't mean ya can't pour over it and enjoy it. But Backblast gets ta use it for his show before you guys broadcast any of it. Ya'll can share and everyone can benefit. Now I am workin on gettin a repaint after a few more oil soaks ta try and get this sand outta everywhere.
- << Autobot Spinny begins to spin faster and faster until it's a little whirlwind that gives an evil grin and spins off the screen laughing maniacally >>
Jun 03 - Titanic Issues
- This is Dust Devil reporting, Springer, Klondike, Starlock, Me....and Ummmm what's her name. Well we went to see what was wrong with Calyhex after an alert was called. Lockup came out saying that there was a break out of some people with severe issues. Like they would like to eat whoever they find issues. We ended up engaging Crabcakes and Wolfwolf who decided we looked tasty. Klondike decided to go overkill and I dived away from him and the wall ate me! This was after I was offered the removal of my optics to protect me. Do not get sucked into walls....Not good! So I missed much of what happened until I was apparently spit out. ah well. So there's an update. We got kicked out while they took inventory of who else was loose. I guess there were bodies. The Praxians are a little on the tense side. You know that look Prowl gives when you try to explain WHY you decided to do something against the rules because it was a good idea at the time? They had that look. Either way, Everyone is tense. Ghost is MIA it sounds like and she was INSIDE the Titan. I think someone should talk ta Solus perhaps? Either way I posted and am going to see if I'm still banned from sessions with Cheshire.
- June 15 - "Exulant Subitus - B Side" - Megatron wants the Titan Calyhex no matter the cost. The Autobots rally to stop him. B-Roll: Decepticon Warship <Corumkan> and Surface of Calyhex <Titan> for Peace In Our Time - Exulant Subitus.
Jun 23 - Dusty's Daring Doings.....
<< text >> Hey it's Dust Devil here. Didn't want ta fall too far behind, But hey Jazz I was helpin out with the critter case that Starlock and Backblast was in on. I was able ta sense out the traps and Tracker was sniffin them out. We will be returning in our off time to remove more traps. I'll make sure ta put a note on the office in Valvolux fer people to contact me if they need me.
- Imager, you can stop making fun of the V'ger. Me and Benin have returned it to a fully upright position.....we've been welding pieces back on the shuttle. So stop sticking the Recycle area sign on the ship! And then there's....oh yeah can't tell you guys. So let's hit this little encrypt button and finish this report...
- << Everything below here is for the upper levels of command and relevant people >> SO yeah here's my C.A.T. report. Me and Tracker focused on retreat for the mission since we already had a pretty focused idea on going in. While we did have a few traps to dismantle, we actually found very little activity like tapewise So I think the whole Ghost thing has Soundwave pretty distracted. Glad I could help!
Jul 05 - Cross check Crosscheck check?
<< Autobot Spinny >> Dust Devil shows his cheery face on what looks to be in the scrap yard, at least until you can make out some shuttle parts and possibly the word V'ger.
- "Hey so while I was helpin Benin make the V'ger more flightworthy....Oh yeah, to whoever thought it was funny to dump all the metal scraps from the recent repairs on top of the v'ger....THANKS! We actually used it to make repairs! err back ta the matter at hand. I came across this really old mech...like not Kup level old I don't think, more like Ultra Magnus old...you know not quite retired but should be planning it...oh wait, off topic again. Well his name is Crosscheck, he needs Security to go over his credentials, approve him, update them as needed so he can start catching up on all the fun he missed. I told him I'd send out a shout so that that can start gettin done. Seems like a nice guy, was all sciency excited on what he's seen and heard. Either way, here's yer notice and report! Back ta repairs!"
- << Autobot spinny speeds up and becomes a little whirl wind giggling maniacally and spins off screen >>
Jul 21 - Stolen Valour err yay we did it!
< Autobot Spinny >
- "Hey so I made a mess of things. <<Image of tagged art on wall that shows an upsidedown bucket with red optics and the words 'MEGSY SUX!'>> But at least this time it was cause I was supposed ta be. While I took a few shots from that stupid Sweep, I did manage ta keep making things annoyin long enough fer the Wreckers ta do their stuff. It did sound like they were bein told ta leave or somethin....at least the Sweep that I was fightin got upset and distracted midbattle. Rather than press the fight, I decided ta get outta there and not end up worse damaged. I did trip over a nice souvenior. THough.....By all rights I think it needs ta go ta Backblast. <<image of Valour's sword>> So if you find me unconscious somewhere without the sword and there's a dart stickin outta me, just make sure I'm not gonna get stepped on!
< Autobot spinny spins faster until it becomes a whirling little tornado with a grinning face. It promptly spins off the screen laughing >
Aug 02 - Mapquest!
< Autobot Spinny >
- So, I'm helpin that new guy old guy Crosscheck with the resources of Cybertron and all. And well I've already been workin with Encore and mappin the Springs so figured I'd help his endeavours. So I asked one of the Smarter and not crazy bots we have and grabbed Solstice ta look at my maps and help me make them more logical and set to what the regular maps look like. After some apparently headache inducing attempts to translate the information into something better, I think we've started in the right direction!
< Autobot spinny speeds up into a tornado that grins and laughs maniacally until off screen. >
Aug 11 - C.A.T came back!
< Autobot Spinny >
< HIGHER COMMAND/C.A.T. MEMBERS > *Audio recording*
- I don't consider it fair that because I'm the last one conscious I get stuck with the rundown....Well Team B was workin on bein the diversion, Team C was takin care of the comwaves and...well not sure what team I was on but I ended up with Sideswipe against some Stunticons. Crosscheck played a game of chicken with Motormaster ala Prime. Crosscheck totally rocked the hit..with a little bit of help from myself. While Deadend and Sideswipe squared off, we switched Dance partners a few times and somehow we survived....err through our valiant efforts, our team prevailed proving that us Autobots had superior....okay I can't keep a straight face and keep sayin that. We lucked out....we had the moves mostly and danced our afts just out of death's reach. Sounds like the rest of the team prevailed too. Yay....go us!
- < Autobot spinny speeds up and becomes a little whirlwind that laughs maniacally and spins off screen >
Aug 22 - Romancing the Spike?
<< Autobot Spinny >>
<< Audio File >>
- Hey it's Dust Devil, figured I'd better post something before Jazz comes after me...... again. SOOO Spike was all polished up like Sunstreaker in a room with a mirror. When I tried sayin hi to him he practically bolted out of the room after a badly worded explanation. Smokescreen, I challenge you to teach Spike how to have a poker face. Cause damn. Sooooo I know Spike wants ta help out with the whole Ambassador thing. And I get where he's comin from considerin I do the same job. But I have a forcefield and am 3 times taller than him. So while he did have a headstart and a shuttle, I had a Tracker and the ability to follow the shuttle directly. Hehe Perhaps someone should tell him that driving STRAIGHT to one's destination also makes someone predictable. Actually don't tell him....makes followin him easier. Either way found the shuttle, and tracker took me to this high level bar type place. And well there was Ghost. We ended up havin a pleasant night chattin in order to foster better relations and pave the way to possible peace talks under Screamer. Either way, we mostly chatted about Cybertron's past and future, nothin high level. Looks like this meetin might happen again, hopin to be invited formally so I can at least provide Spike with backup if there was to be any issues. Dusty out!
- << Autobot Spinny speeds up and becomes a whirlwind that grins evilly and spins off the screen laughing >>
- September 14 - "He Has Reasons" - Beneath the Decepticon-controlled city-state of Kalis lies an underground facility, home of the Salvation team. And now they've emerged, summoning an eclectic group of Cybertronians for reasons they will explain. Eventually. Part 1 of 2
- September 15 - "Getting Affairs in Order" - Aegis prepares to travel back into the past.
- September 20 - "Ratchet to the Rescue?" - Ratchet intercepts... whatever it was that Hubcap was doing.
- October 07 - "Release the Spectre" - Ghost is freed from Iacon.
Nov 03 - Project Salvation
>**Audio only**< Hey this is Dust Devil, I'm reportin that Project Salvation has returned to the year 1999. Aegis' team including Vector Trion closed the loop that saw us being saved by their timely arrival back in 1999. I hope that all those who took the trip make it back ta now. Sadly not all did before. Just givin an update.
Nov 16 - Sand Dune Disturbance
>**Audio only**< This is Dust Devil callin out ta any of the bots that hear this, there was a huge disturbance and me Imager and Hot Rod went ta investigate. Well whatever was happening was clearly not normal, Imager tried playin a note or somethin and apparently whatever it was didn't like it. The ground vibrated and the resultin liquefaction just....well it swallowed them up! WEll Hot Rod only halfway. Not sure if it was a taste thing or what but either way I was sent back ta get help, So callin fer aid from whoever, here's the coordinates, hoverplatforms are recommended and extra filters because of how fine the sand is. Not a great combo even for me when the forcefield goes down.
- December 06 - "Medics without Borders" - Dust Devil runs into Ratchet at the Valvolux Medical Center.
- December 26 - "Autobot Command Meeting" - Crosscut requests a meeting with Autobot Command.
- February 08 - "Unwelcome Guests" - Someone crashes the Cybertron peace meeting.
- Feb 8 - "In Peace We Trust" - The Peace Accords meeting doesn't end peacefully.
Feb 14 - Prime Issues with Megatron's return
- Hey Dust Devil here, I went ta chat with the old man, Alpha Trion summoned me and while he had info fer me, I apparently updated him with information too. Somethin is blockin him from wanderin...not that I knew he could wander before but since Ghost fixed him, he's apprently a bit more mobile than I expected but either way he's blocked fer some reason. So I told him about Megsy and well. Apparently that name that the megatron called him is a title...err Rank. He's kinda concerned that Megatron may be in league with one of the thirteen that was pretty much one of the black sheep of the family. We discussed how and why Megatron would be in liege with this guy but as I pointed out, Megs had just been thrown through a portal after fightin with Prime. Who knows what shape he was in or what's been done to him. But it is odd that megatron is heralding himself as like a general rather than the leader of whatever is possibly comin.
- This dude apparently had a claw in the death of Solus Prime. I'm kinda concerned as to why she had been targeted so long ago. And if it would be good if she kinda went to hidin. Her skills might be important. At the very least, it'd be good fer her not ta be such a target. I was charged with findin out more about what happened to Megatron somehow and make sure it is him. But as it was pointed out by Alpha trion, if this was some trick, why would someone pretendin to be megatron not push ta look just like how he left. It would have made things easier fer him. So I'm gonna assume this IS probably Megsy. So I'm assumin someone is gonna drag me inta a meeting over this. Just make sure someone bring energon goodies and somethin ta drink. Otherwise it feels like an interrogation. And I've been behaving! Mostly!"
>**Autobot Spinny spins faster and becomes a little evil grinning whirlwind that laughs maniacally as it travels offscreen**<
- February 14 - "Myths and Legends" - Crosscut gets checked out after the attack on the peace accords.
- February 15 - "Sometimes Crazy Works" - Dust Devil is blackmailed into a session with Rung.
- February 27 - "Mad Science" - Dust Devil is called to Wheeljack's lab. If no one hears from him again, send help...
Mar 17 - Proverbs
I will have to thank Prowl for the implied fully voluntary <ie FORCED> study on humans. I discovered this delightful proverb "It is easier/better to seek forgiveness than get permission." I would happily tell you of the sources and such for said study but that would be be the subject of another post. So after practicing some of the more blackops type skillsets in order to keep up on my trainin, I was able to borrow one of the shuttles, which should be good for another few notches on my flight training and practice. I made sure to grab a bunch of the extra emergency supplies just in case and ended up using them which would also count for training. It was even under the watchful optic of a real medic. <Thanks Starlock> So we went to help some refugees that apparently took a wrong turn, preventing what could have been a terrible incident against the much maligned Decepticon faction. I'm sure they weren't gonna really do all those things they threatened to do....and using diplomacy and problem solving, were able ta get those refugees to Valvolux where they could be properly processed without too much strain on the Autobot resources. So all in all, we didn't get hurt, the shuttle wasn't shot, people were saved, practice in important training techniques were used and applied. I think this was a most excellent training exercise. Great work Starlock!
Mar 25 - Challenge accepted!
>**Autobot spinny** <
Dust Devil's mischievous visage appears and he steeples his fingers.
>**"Ahh so you wish to start up the Stanix Run Games. Challenge accepted. So let's raise the stakes. Okay all you high speed slackers. Solstice is settin the course and the load. Ratchet is in charge of goods and you gotta face him if ya break anythin by doin anythin stupid in order ta try and break other runner's records. Bonus points for additional loads but only if ALL goods arrive safely. Any infractions cited against you lowers yer score. So you hit someone while comin in ta home or gettin to the load out bays, yer gonna feel it not just in whatever punishment yer assigned. So Don't lose yer score bein stupid. Most loads and most supplies moved wins. Also, you need ta make it there safely. If Ratchet needs ta fix you, if yer load is stolen, blown up or damaged....well you just did work fer nothin. This is a quality=quantity venture. I know Blurr will hop in on this...who else wants ta help so some good deeds and perhaps win a decent prize? I'll get Encore in on part of the prize and see what else we can get together ta make this worth the time. May the best Bot win!"
>**Autobot Spinny speeds up to a small whirlwind that laughs maniacally as it leaves the screen.**<
- April 14 - "Late-Night Visit to Rung" - Rung receives an unexpected late-night visitor.
- April 20 - "Help Me Make It Stop" - Ghost and Soundwave reach out to the Autobots to help with her reactions to what seem like hot spots across the planet.
Apr 25 - Just Desserts
** Dust Devil appears, well.... pretty sure it's Dust Devil. He's almost painful to look at as pretty much any high visibility marking paint color available has been applied to his frame with all the randomness of a scatterbombs in high winds.** His dark optics with lighter 'pupils' is at least familiar.** "Well...Backblast is no longer out for revenge...fer now. I did do my best to avoid my punishment but I was outgunned, outclassed and outenergized. I'm takin at least the next day off, Ratchet can vouch that I've already run over twice the runs I was scheduled fer and am ready fer a break. Anyone tries ta bug Backblast about this, I'll have words with personally....or impersonally. I can make the prank I pulled on Backblast look like childsplay. Write it off as a training exercise, hell ask Backblast about it, he can probably give you all the juicy details on what was done on both our sides to draw this out. Either way, I'll be probably doin more trainin on the mistakes I made but hopefully, there won't be so many colors used.....or mines. There is a spot on the glibax flats which will be obviously where I fell in battle. Dust Devil out! ** Dust Devil tries to turn off the camera and there's a growl from Tracker. Dust Devil pauses laughs, "No I'm not apologetic fer puttin that handprint on ya! You were laughin at me with Backblast! And I'd have ta have the hand reattached if I tried touching Backblast with that paint still wet...." **Autobot Spinny speeds up and becomes a maniacally laughing tornado that travels off the screen**
Apr 27 - Primus Pilus/Megatron
<< Audio only >> Hey Dust Devil here, I moved myself ta Iacon ta finish gettin repairs since I didn't want to use up what we need fer the evacuees. Prime, ya need ta watch all the footage of the fightin between the cons and us against the Megatron thing. I personally don't care if he is or isn't the original, though I suspect he might be. But watch his fightin. I can't be sure if he ain't faster and stronger. I've had a much better time fightin him before and here he took out Drift, Hot Rod, Valour, and others. I'd say get Jazz and others ta pick up what surveillance footage can be found from the different cities and also see about comparing the tolerances of like drift's metal vs previous scans of his cannon damage just ta make sure. I'd hate fer ya ta try and go against Megilus over there one on one and realize there's a stat difference. I'll be submitting my scans of the fight and of those fightin so you can see damage percentages and all. I highly suggest gettin what ya can from Drift and Hot Rod and anyone else who will volunteer. Dust Devil out
May 01 - Assorted Files uploaded
I was going through my assorted recorded files and making sure that all the stuff on Megatron or this Primus Pilus was up for people to check and download as needed. Made sure to include his reaction to my glitterbomb. Prowl can I get the bots ta pay for replacement glitter? That was all my stock from my order from Earth. Either way, back to recooperatin! >**Autobot spinny speeds up and becomes a evil smiling whirlwind but this time the maniacal laughter has been replaced by a much speeded up thus higher pitched evil laugh ala Backblast!**<
- May 15th - "Spark Transfer" - Optimus Prime is rushed into emergency surgery.
May 19 - Leash Training?
>**radio only**< Hey it's Dust Devil. Apparently Spitze decided ta take a wrong turn and ended up heading into the Badlands. She didn't listen....at all....in any way shape or form and we ended up walkin inta Runabout and Nightbird. I ended up almost getting a close-up view of the canyon, Spitze got hit a few times. Either way, we ended up heading in the right direction before she turned again right before I got her back ta base. Grimlock or someone might be better ta get her home and repaired if she hasn't already self-healed most of the damage. I have a headache..... Dust Devil out.
- May 23 - "I am Veritas Prime" - Veritas runs into a pair of Autobots, then Elita One, then one of Pilus' Predators. A day in the life of a newly minted Prime. Also, don't threaten The Rollout Bar.
May 24 - Series of unfortunate events
>**Audio Only due to my awesome good looks being somewhat compromised**<
"Ow....so this is Dust Devil, I need ta make a report for Hot Rod since Hot rod.... is outta it fer a bit. He'll add his addendums when he's looking more like he wasn't checking out how warm the pool was and fergot it was a smeltin pool. So we started out the day all fine and all, Me and him were ra.... strategically comparing velocity and maneuvering capability for future study and use in battle..... umm yeah when we we almost cra.... err found someone out by themselves and stuck up a conversation. It was pretty uneventful mostly and then Elita joined us cause... well we're awesome and she wanted a piece of that action. VP was pretty interesting and I'll let Elita post more about that stuff. Well conversation ended, Hot Rod and Elita left and I was there a little longer. I heard Hot Rod's signal was lost and I went ta see what happened. My new friend VP gave me a ride and we ended up helpin Hot Rod against this I guess Predator Mech called Snare. He was not nice. Really didn't react much ta some of the attacks we did. He mentioned Primus Pilus and wantin ta visit the refinery later. So plans need ta be made. He mighta gotten off easier except he threatened the rollout. Well our friend VP got annoyed and helped put a bit of a smack down on Snare. It was a pretty cool battle until I got hit in the head. Hot Rod went inta stasis and I called Ratchet fer help. I think that's everythin. I'm gonna go take a nap. Dust Devil out."
- May 29 - "Wisdom of the Feline" - Ravage tracks Veritas down and the two have a back and for conversation, testing and curious before they travel to Praxus to check on the Titan Calyhex and the repairs that the Tyger Pax teams have been aiding Praxus with.
May 30 - Confessions...
>**Audio with some photo stills of Primus Pilus**<
So....uh....yeah How to I explain this. It started out as an interesting conversation about the ecology of Cybertron and how places like that should be protected and... well...had a feeling that the person with the name Legionnaire was Primus Pilus. The other speaker invited him to a site to see how the planet is renewing itself. And well, I was concerned for the speaker and sort of went. I tried stayin out of sight, even though Legionnaire promised no violence. Unfortunately, I was spotted and did end up revealing myself. So ummmm...as you can see from the stills I got pretty damn close to Dark Megsy. And he talked about all the energy available. And well. WE tried explaining that by leaving sites like the mercury swamps alone, there is more energy to be had. I know we shouldn't be encouraging Megatron to find other ways to find energy, but our worry was him using sites like these for instant energy, when like the swamps, it purifies what is going down to the deeps which is then sent up in the springs and all. He seemed confused about an infection hittin the planet. There were a couple of redirects it seems while he spoke. We just tried explaining how this was a good thing. Also challenged Megatron to create rather than destroy. To rebuild Stanix. He said it's already being done and has been put under the compmand of a new general. I did not get a name. But he plans the same fer Helex... not sure if it's going to have to go through the rebirth of fire. He blamed Thunder....wwhatever his name is fer attackin him after what happened. Either way... we did survive, I did learn some stuff. I'm not sure if it helped or what. But Better ta tell the tale myself than have someone else spin the story. Dust Devil out.
- May 30th - "Under The Fairy Lights Glow" - A late night cross faction meeting in New Harmonex ends up happening under the glow of the street fairy lights...
- June 3 - "Bringing the Kaiju to Heel" - Primus Pilus calls Deathsaurus out for so many things the Destron Commander has done and 'negotiations', Decepticon-Style, happen.
- June 7 - "Designs and Crystals" - Starlock and Dust Devil chat about the forcefield Starlock is attempting to design and obtain; Dust Devil gives some insights to help her.
Jun 08 - Inquiring minds....
Hey maybe it's just me bein nosey and all. But...I kinda think we need ta get footage of the battle between Starscream and Megatron/Primus Pilus. Apparently Starscream won. I wanna see how. I completely suspect that there may have been some slightly underhand or blatantly underhand tactics. Which was the only way we got past him before. But either way, we should get the footage and analyse it fer speed of the combatants, structural integrity of the armor and stuff like that. And if I may be so rude ta point out, We need ta figure what we can do different with Optimus ta protect him better. And no I've not been harassin him.... least not more than he deserves. Really need ta see how bad megatron was hurt.
Jun 21 - Supply RuncoughwheezecoughRun....
<Video Only> Hey so me and Paxxy And Swipers did a supply run yesterday. There's some really nasty fires still burnin out there. WE might wanna see if there's any way to quench those without gettin ourselves shot up because EVERYONE probably needs new filters. Came across Deathsaurus durin the run and we were able to get under cover and out of the worst of the smoke until the air cleared a little of both con and contaminants. I split off ta deliver my goods over my sector and Fort Max. I'm gettin repainted so I can stop running around in the Primer. If it turns out good I'm sure Cerebros would love more practice touching up everyone else's paint. Either way, Dusty out!
- June 21st - "Operation: Danger! - 160 Hours till Sunrise" - Blizzard has discovered an atmospheric event that will undoubtedly destroy the colony of Simfur and all the beastformers within it. A call for aid goes out to the Autobots, to help the desperate situation.
Jun 25 - Starlock
>**audio only**< Hey can one of the medics doublecheck Starlock. I... I was tryin out somethin and accidently bumped her inta the wall. I scanned her and all and she didn't seem any worse than a reboot. I... I need ta get out. And I knew if I put this post in, ya woulda maglocked me down until my parts were ready. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean ta hit her. Tell me when my parts are done I'll come back. I'm so sorry.
Dust Devil is played by his creator, fyrestorm8.
Dust Devil has a non-sentient robot dog he called Tracker. No relation to the G.I. Joe SEAL of the same name. Tracker is Dust Devil/Stormfront's pet robotic canine.
Fleet, affectionate and cunning, this canine is truly man's best friend or in this case the Autobot Commander's best friend. Always with an affectionate glance to those who see him, Tracker is always good for a smile. He likes to play with his tail wagging wildly while barking. Silver grey and blue metal combine to form this creature who stands with his back at Stormfront's knee level. Don't you want to pet Tracker too?
Tracker as a ferrus hound, has the honor of being the lineage for the entire Beast Wars/Beast Tribes saga of characters, due to his presence during Apocalypse World TP where he was scanned to give an altmode form to Tomorrow (AU).
Tracker is owned by Dust Devil
During the Timewarp TP, Dust Devil was replaced by an alternate future version of himself called Stormfront. Stormfront was a wise Autobot leader, and sometimes the Dust Devil of the present has flashes of his memories and images from the time he spent in Stormfront's future.
In the Shattered Glass universe, Dust Devil is called Stormfront. Stormfront was built by Alpha Trion to serve Optimus Prime, and remains a member of Prime's inner circle even after Trion himself was exiled.