- Name: Cyclonus
- Faction: Decepticon
- Species: Transformer
- Function: SABOTEUR
- Division: Intelligence
- Type: EFC
|“||Compassion is the Autobots' downfall.||”|
CYCLONUS is a huge and emotionless air-warrior, forged by the power of Unicron. He can derive vast resources of power and energy, as well as strength, in direct proportion to his need. In robot mode he carries an oxidizing laser capable of fusing an enemy robot's internal mechanisms. A dedicated destroyer, CYCLONUS transforms into a gigantic nuclear-powered twin turbine space fighter for interstellar pursuit and warfare. His firepower remains intact in this mode and is augmented by an incendiary bomb rack. He has a complex personality, but his major interests are focused on conquest. With the destruction of his creator and release from servitude to GALVATRON, his future is in his hands. For now he has pledged his impressive loyalty to Megatron. A powerful warrior and ruler, CYCLONUS has no known weaknesses.
- 1 History
- 2 Logs /Posts
- 2.1 1999
- 2.2 2009
- 2.3 2011
- 2.4 2012
- 2.5 2013
- 2.6 2016
- 2.7 2017
- 2.8 2019
- 2.9 2020
- 2.9.1 Apr 19 - Mission Success
- 2.9.2 May 14 - Ibex Spaceport
- 2.9.3 Jul 28 - Orbital Action
- 2.9.4 July 31 - "Prison Break on Luna 2"
- 2.9.5 Aug 01 - Prison Break
- 2.9.6 Aug 10 - Field report
- 2.9.7 Aug 24 - Autobots in Crystal City
- 2.9.8 Nov 13 - Mines in Nova Cronum
- 2.9.9 Nov 30 - Autobot excursion under Kalis
- 2.10 2021
- 3 What If? Universes
- 4 OOC Notes
- 5 Players
CYCLONUS was created by Unicron in 1997 from the remains of a random Decepticon squad unluckily to run into him while on long-range patrol.
Cyclonus discovered in 2011 that Autobots had taken up residence in the Temple of Knowledge. Investigating, he found Jetfire guarding the base, and engaged him in combat. After blowing off Jetfire's head, Cyclonus returned to base to gather reinforcements, incorrectly assuming Jetfire had died from the attack.
When Cyclonus ordered the Dweller's thrall Hubcap to be taken into Darkmount for questioning, the Dweller followed, laying siege to Polyhex. Due to a leadership crash with Cyclonus over leadership, Starscream delayed committing troops to defend the city.
After the city was lost, Cyclonus made plans to sabotage the Space bridge before it could fall into Hubcap's hands. However, those plans became moot when Hubcap leveled the city-state and escape. Cyclonus withdrew his troops to Tyrest, and then he joined Scourge in personally capturing or killing all of the energy vampires left behind in Polyhex.
In 2013, Starscream defeated Cyclonus in personal combat and had him arrested for treason, thus cementing Starscream's role as sole leader of the Decepticons in Megatron's absence.
In the wake of the Quintesson invasion and the return of Shockwave, Megatron restored Cyclonus as Intel Commander and arrested Starscream in his place, naming Illarion the new Decepticon Air Commander. Megatron also restored Shockwave to AI leader, Military Operations Commander, and Guardian of Cybertron.
With the destruction of Polyhex, Cyclonus has moved his operations to Kaon, and reactivated the Cradle. In 2014, Cyclonus traveled to Earth's Moon to confront Benin-Jeri, who was snooping around Decepticon operations there. Ben held his own for a while, but eventually Cyclonus prevailed.
In 2021, Cyclonus challenged Starscream for the title of Air Commander, but was defeated.
- September 26 - "Temple of Knowledge" - Cyclonus exaggerates his defeat of Jetfire in the Temple of Knowledge
- October 18 - "Into the Depths of Cybertron" - Mixmaster and Windshear escape Decepticon City.
- December 01 - "Bring Me Hubcap" - Cyclonus attempts to interrogate Hubcap.
- December 02 - "Recruitment" - Mixmaster attempts to recruit Starscream into the Dweller's legions.
- Dec 2 - "The Dweller" - Cyclonus reports that Polyhex is under siege by Trans-Organics
- Dec 3 - "City Under Siege" - Things get worse
- January 1 - "Polyhex Lost" - Polyhex falls to Hubcap and the Trans-Organics.
- January 14 - "Short Consultation" - Cyclonus consults with Scourge about Hubcap having taken over Darkmount.
- January 28 - "Battle for Polyhex II" - Cyclonus and Scourge battle for Polyhex.
- February 25 - "Cyclonus v. Starscream" - Cyclonus and Starscream battle for leadership of Cybertron.
- February 26 - "The Cure" - Starscream tests to see if the Terrorcons have been cured of the Dweller nanovirus
- July 13 - "Deathknell: One in a Billion" - The Autobots have their prize, the Decepticons know what's going on. And Silent Grill looms. But to rid the world of the Dead Energon Sea, Dal Matia must be either slain or apprehended. Hope upon hope that a Decepticon can save the planet from its poisoning... THE FINALE OF DEATHKNELL, Part 1.
- December 23 - "Orders for Decepticon Intelligence" - Cyclonus sends the Sweeps after Optimus Prime, and Barricade after everyone else.
- January 26 - "Encounter with Jetfire and Snaptrap" - Cyclonus encounters Seacons and an Autobot at Silent Grill.
- January 28 - "On Offer of Dust Devil" - Cyclonus is made an offer by Jetfire.
Jun 24 - Intel Orders
<< The 'Con spinny flashes up, then is replaced by the purple bunny-- err, Cyclonus >>
"Thank you for the faith you are placing in me, Lord Megatron. I will endeavor to prove worthy of it.
"To all Intelligence assets: I want a detailed status report of your current activities, with the understanding that you may very well be reassigned to more urgent matters. Counterpunch, this means something more than 'I'm tracking down my counterpart' -- it's cliche and makes me question your effectiveness, given your lack of results in that regard.
"First: As Lord Megatron said, we need to step up infiltration and sabotage efforts against the Autobots. For now, we focus our efforts on Cybertron. This predominantly means Iacon and Kalis, but I also want more information regarding Harmonex, Tyger Pax and Valvolux. Observation and reconnaissance only, particularly in regards to Valvolux; I would prefer not to arouse the ire of the Dominicons any more than necessary.
“Second: I understand that there is a new arrival on Cybertron, one who briefly showed himself at Tyger Pax after the demise of Nemesis and the reformatting of that city-state; further, that the entity known as The Fallen seems to know this individual. I want a report on this 'Impulse' – who he is, where he came from, the typical profile. The more we know concerning this individual, the better.
“Finally: I do not know why this has fallen through the cracks, but I want someone to track down and shadow the operative known as Nightshade. Why she hasn’t returned to the fold, particularly in the wake of Tyger Pax and the death of her erstwhile creator, is something that concerns me. Find her, mark her movements, but do not approach unless otherwise ordered. If she detects you and corners you, I suggest something novel: tell her the truth, that I wish to see her post-haste. How she reacts to that should prove enlightening, and may require a revision of orders at that point. Glory to the Empire!”
<< Cyclonus’ visage disappears, replaced once more by the ‘Con spinny >>
Apr 19 - Mission Success
The beloved 'Con spinny appears, followed by Cyclonus, his visage as solemn as ever. "Lord Megatron, I am pleased to report that my errand on Earth is accomplished and the trap is set. I am once again available for tasks on Cybertron. I shall be familiarizing myself with the current strategic situation, the better to serve the Empire. Glory to the Empire!"
Cyclonus is replaced by Con spinny once again.
May 14 - Ibex Spaceport
Cyclonus appears, a deep gash in his arm wrapped up temporarily but still oozing and looking a little scorched, but alive. "I am pleased to report that Sixshot and I successfully took Ibex Spaceport while the attack on Altihex pulled away the majority of the Autobot forces. I recommend that it be garrisoned immediately so that the two of us may be relieved to seek repairs. Until then, I shall work to restore the shielding under our control. Cyclonus out."
Jul 28 - Orbital Action
Cyclonus appears on the screen in all his pointy-hat glory. "Astrotrain, Blast Off, if either or both of you are available, I have a task in orbit that could use your abilities. It's time to retrieve some of our comrades and perhaps some additional assets. Omen, you requested a priority list for this task- from the names you provided, first priority would be Skyjack and Stockade, next Simacore and Kroma, and last Finback, Skip, and any additional Autobots we could detain for questioning. We will assemble our teams outside Trypticon for this task. Any space capable Decepticons are welcome to join us. While Omen and I have arranged a distraction for the Autobots, I expect at least some resistance."
Cyclonus faces the camera dead-on, optics serious. "For the glory of the Empire." The message ends.
July 31 - "Prison Break on Luna 2"
Cyclonus leads a force to break into the high security prison Garrus-1!
Aug 01 - Prison Break
Cyclonus appears, a couple of large dents in his armor but otherwise intact. "Lord Megatron, I can report only a partial success in retrieving prisoners from Garrus-1. General Stockade and Agent Skyjack were successfully extracted and are in medical being treated for injuries sustained during the operation. Omen performed excellently at her task, and I pass on my thanks to Commander Valour for providing both transportation and combat support. Myself, Valour, Omen, and Nightshade all sustained injuries. No losses." He salutes the screen with a fist to the chestplate. "Glory to the Empire. Cyclonus out."
Aug 10 - Field report
A radio report sent in from the field, no image. Cyclonus' voice: "After Razorclaw and I stalked the Autobot he encountered earlier in the Manganese Mountains, we flushed him out along with a medic. With Razorclaw's assistance, I isolated this Hot Rod and questioned him. I didn't get much in the time we had, but learned that the Autobots are seeking new territory to establish bases and gained some small intelligence on another matter. Onslaught, I may have a name for your missile if you're interested. Cyclonus out."
Aug 24 - Autobots in Crystal City
The Decepticon spinny appears, followed by Cyclonus on the screen, looking a bit spattered but mostly intact. "While in Crystal City, I noticed a small group of Autobots in the area- Hot Rod, Doublecross, and a medic. Ah. And Dust Devil. Swindle and I engaged them and learned that they were looking for Shockwave. Shockwave himself arrived to tell them to leave the city, after which they all fled. It seems they're growing bolder, but not that bold. Cyclonus out." Ending spinny.
Nov 13 - Mines in Nova Cronum
- The Decepticon spinny gives way to Cyclonus!* "Lord Megatron, I am pleased to report that the radiation in Kalis has been removed and the energy concentrated into explosives that Ghost, Ravage, and I used to mine the trade route that passes through Nova Cronum. We were interrupted before we could cover all of the intended area, but there are more than enough unstable explosives to render trade between Iacon and the so-called neutral cities of Tyger Pax and Altihex perilous."
Cyclonus salutes the screen. "Glory to the Empire!" *spinny*
Nov 30 - Autobot excursion under Kalis
- Cyclonus appears on the screen with a double-row of deep puncture marks on his chestplate, as if something with really big fangs bit him.* "A large party of Autobots approached Kalis today and requested permission to investigate a site underneath related to the Dweller. I allowed this and Ghost and I accompanied them to monitor. There is a tunnel occupied by transorganics underneath, perhaps where the Dweller was kept while it was dormant. There were cocoon-like storage devices and Quintesson writing. Other transorganics attacked while the Autobots' scientist, Glyph, was studying the area. While we fought them off, many of them survived. I recommend that a party be dispatched with our own scientists and enough warriors to destroy any of the creatures that remain. While Ghost and Omen did record some of the data, we cannot be sure of its completeness without more time to study it."
Cyclonus gives the screen a nod before ending his report.
Jan 17 - Ibex Defenses
Cyclonus appears, the ruins of Kalis behind him. "Ravage and I have examined Ibex's defenses as ordered. The Autobots have made considerable progress in repairing the damage Blitzwing inflicted, and are reinforcing further even now. It is much more hardened than it appears. I have obtained some samples of their building materials - those and the scans have been sent on for in depth analysis." He pauses. "I consider this information more perishable than usual. The Autobots continue to reinforce Ibex even as some of them consider it a waste of time." He salutes the screen. "Cyclonus out."
A large data package full of stills, scans, analysis, and even some audio recordings has been sent on to Floodlight and the other Intel analysts.
Jan 26 - Autobots on the Kalis Overpass
Cyclonus appears, barely scorched, while in the background some medics are clustered around the Combaticon shuttlecon. "Both Blast Off and I spotted two Autobots on the Kalis Overpass tonight, Hot Rod and a femme by the name of Solstice. It appears they were out on patrol to keep the path clear between Iacon and Praxus. After dealing significant damage to Blast Off, the Autobots chose to retreat. I delivered Blast Off to Polyhex for repairs due to its proximity and will return to my patrols. Cyclonus out."
- February 7 - "Bug Hunt" - Cyclonus leads a team under Kalis to wipe out the remaining transorgs around the Dweller's hibernation chamber.
Feb 07 - Transorganics Destroyed
Cyclonus looks somewhat smashed, literally, but he's standing as he gives his report. "I am pleased to report that we have cleared out the hive of transorganic creatures underneath Kalis. At least one of them was of guardian size - Shockwave claimed its body for his lab. Floodlight and Arachnae have procured scans of both the creatures and their resting place for analysis. Cyclonus out." He salutes the screen before ending the report.
Mar 10 - Autobots in Tyrest
Cyclonus appears, looking only a bit scorched here and there. "While patrolling the borders of Tyrest I happened upon some Autobots. Most of them were insignificant and fled upon my arrival, but two stood their ground- Hot Rod and Drift. After exhanging some fire, Scourge arrived and they fled rather than face the two of us together. It was only a matter of time before the Autobots tested our defenses along the border, and here they are. Cyclonus out."
Apr 20 - Installation under Kalis
Cyclonus appears to report, solemn as ever. "Analysis of Kalis region soundings unveiled an unknown facility underground. Floodlight, Ravage, and myself investigated. We were met by a seeker-style femme who calls herself Aegis," -an image of her is appended. "She stated that the facility was a secret base held by a team named the Salvation team. That it answers to Alpha Trion, but she claims to be unaffiliated. She readily agreed to have members of their team escorted through our territory in order to avoid combat. Razorclaw, Commander Valour, I will need to coordinate with you on which troops are available for such duty."
Cyclonus pauses for a moment, then continues. "As for their purpose, they claimed to be investigating threats to Cybertron's existence, in particular that of Liege Maximo. They provided no details as to the nature of the threat posed, only promises to deliver information once they have finished their investigations. While we parleyed, Ravage infiltrated their facility. He reports that they were concerned about the nature of the timeline, and that they have both an empty frame suitable for Alpha Trion and what appears to be a warp gate inside."
Cyclonus folds his hands together in front of him. "Ravage obtained additional data that requires decryption and analysis. Until we know more, we shall play along and look for opportunities for further infiltration. Additionally, I will arrange for exploration and construction teams in the area, to secure the underground and exploit the resources in the region." He salutes the screen. "Cyclonus out."
What If? Universes
When Unicron attacked Cybertron in 2005, Optimus Prime was able to defeat the Chaos God using the Matrix, cementing the Autobots' feeling of invulnerability. Without a leader, Cyclonus and the Sweeps settled on Chaar, where they eke out a meager existence while plotting their revenge on the Destroyer of Unicron.
When Unicron attacked Cybertron in 2005, Megatron forced Autobot prisoner Hot Rod, to open the Matrix that Megatron had ripped out of Optimus Prime's chest. Once Unicron was destroyed, Megatron killed this "Last Autobot," believing then that he had extinguished the final spark of the Autobots forever.
His faint Upper Tetrahex accent is the only hint at what his life may have been before his encounter with Unicron.
His song to former commander Galvatron is "Lock, Stock, and Teardrops," by k.d. lang. =)
- In early 2014, he was taken over as a temp by Silverbolt's player.
- As of 2016, he was once again played by BZero.
- In 2019, Cyclonus was temped by Darksabrz.
- In 2020, Cyclonus is being temped by AlphaRaposa.
|This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Cyclonus (G1).|