- A cosmitron is a Transformer internal organ.
A cosmitron is a piece of Cybertronian technology of unspecified function. What is known is that Optimus Prime's cosmitron was severely damaged during a battle with the Decepticons, and the Autobot leader surely would have perished if his cosmotron had not been replaced, suggesting that whatever purpose it serves is a vital one.
- The real-life Brookhaven National Laboratory once had a particle accelerator called the "Cosmotron". It was the first atom smasher able to reach energies of a billion electron volts, and was dismantled in 1966.
- The lyrics to the French G1 cartoon theme song reference a cosmitron. The same lyrics also make a seemingly arbitrary mention of Dr. Alcazar from "Roll For It", so it may be a reference to this device. However, from the context of the song it sounds more like it's supposed to be a spaceship. There is, in fact, a spaceship called the Cosmotron in the 1970 sci-fi novel, Tom Swift and his Cosmotron Express, but this seems like an even less likely explanation. Optimus Prime's cosmitron "crosses galaxies", likely references to it going through the space bridge in the episode.
- Information on Brookhaven's Cosmotron accelerator
- Lyrics to and translation of the French G1 theme song
|This page uses content from Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Cosmotron.