Bug Bite is a brilliant yet amoral scientist, specializing in co-opting and adapting others' technology and advancements for his own use. He is actually a cyborg hailing from another dimension, specifically coming from a robotic world which was, similarly to Cybertron, consumed by an endless civil war. This war was stopped only when the fate of not only their planet but their entire universe was threatened by an extradimensional influence.
Under the strict supervision of the Guardian Treds, Bug Bite was enlisted to an allied team and sent into the dimension which threatened their own. Bug Bite took a new body and infiltrated the ranks of the Decepticons, hoping not only to discover the source of his home universe's plight, but take calculated revenge.
Eventually Bug Bite left the Decepticons and started hiring himself out as a mercenary.
As their universe neared its destruction, a threat posed by a multiversal Cataclysm, a team of six GoBots were chosen to travel to a parallel dimension, assimilate themselves into the Transformers' war, and determine the cause of the cataclysm. Bug Bite, with his mad scientific genius, was chosen to be part of this group.
But instead of landing in the universe that originated the cataclysm, Bug Bite —- along with companions Small Foot, Treds, Bad Boy, Road Ranger, and Path Finder —- arrived in the Transformers Universe. He eventually fit in with Bludgeon's troops, quickly becoming favored. (Bug Bite had also reverse-engineered a mind-control device using cerebro-shell technology. Let's just say the other Decepticons suddenly liked him very much.)
Bug Bite continues to search for those responsible for the death of his universe. Eventually Bug Bite left the Decepticons and started hiring himself out as a mercenary.
- Bug Bite's name does not appear in any of the final product material on the Japanese e-Hobby set from which he "originated"; it only appeared in an early photoshopped promotional image on the e-Hobby website. The individual toys' names were dropped when Takara's legal department became concerned at how Bandai —- the company that made the toys that would become the Tonka GoBots —- would react to the names being used, despite the minimal chance of provable trademark infringement on Takara's part.
- This, of course, was rendered moot once Fun Publications took the ball and ran with it, re-establishing explicit ties between the two formerly-rival franchises.
- The GoBots character is yellow but in the aging, creased VHS recording scans that used to be online, he sure looked white so...
- According to Timelines collaborator Ben Yee, Lanny Lathem of Fun Publications intended Bug Bite's purple "tribal" paint applications to be a highly stylized version of the Decepticon insignia.
- Bug Bite's Classics body model is an "off-white C1186-P0019" (the product number for the Classics Bumblebee toy in the real world), according to the black market bodyshop Swindle, Swindle and Swindle in "Withered Hope". He also bought a gutted Wave Crusher and a Decepticon signal transponder, but declined the X-03 custom add-ons (referring to the fan-made custom parts kit for Classics Cliffjumper).
- When Bug Bite gets a new head at the end of Withered Hope, it is pointed out by Dreadwing that it doesn't quite match his body's off-white. This is a reference to the fact that his Botcon toy's head was much more white than his body.
- The BotCon 2007 Bug Bite toy's coloration was used for the "Shattered Glass" Animated version of Bumblebee.
- Japanese: Bug Bite (バグバイト Bagu Baito)
|This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Bug Bite (GoBots).|