Blast Master (aka Payload) loves receiving orders. He's eager to load up on equipment. He's enthusiastic about blasting off into space. He's delighted to engage in battle. He's also quite likely to screw up big-time, thanks to all this reckless enthusiasm.
- Generations Payload's Tech Specs mostly match those of the Astro Squad, with 'Teamwork' and 'Cooperation' mapped onto 'Rank' and 'Fireblast'. The only differences are that the 'Teamwork/Rank' and 'Courage' values have both been increased from 7 to 8.
- Japanese: Blast Master (ブレストマスター Buresuto Masutā)
- French: Explo-As (Canada)
- Italian: Zenit
- More than Meets the Eye #1
- Normally, the word "blast" is rendered in katakana as ブラスト (burasuto)—like in Blastarm or Broadblast. However, the katakana used in Blast Master's Japanese name is most decidedly ブレスト (buresuto)—which is usually used to render the English words "breast" or "blessed". It appears that this is not an uncommon misspelling, so it is uncertain as to whether Takara were intentionally trying to give Blast Master the name "Breast Master"/"Blessed Master". However, it is somewhat notable that this same spelling was used to render the first part of Blast Off's name, an unrelated shuttle character released years prior. Perhaps the conventional katakana "spelling" changed at some point, a not unheard-of occurrence.