Its patchwork design did not provide it with an alternate mode; however, its mishmash assembly gave it the use of various Autobots' special powers and weapons.
The Transformers cartoon
Sparkplug Witwicky created Autobot X out of spare Autobot parts as an experiment. During the initial test run, Autobot X instantly started to destroy Wheeljack's workshop. With Sparkplug unable to control him, Ironhide and Trailbreaker were forced to bring Autobot X under control through force. Optimus Prime ordered him to be deactivated, but Sparkplug asked that he be allowed to fix Autobot X's bugs. Wheeljack volunteered himself and Ratchet to help, in hopes that Autobot X's body could be a temporary home for any Autobot mind whose own body was in need of serious repair. Optimus Prime approved.
At a rocket base test site, Spike was severely injured by Megatron. The only way to save him was to transfer his mind out of his body, at the recommendation of the doctors at Metro Hospital. Sparkplug and Wheeljack arranged to transfer Spike's mind into Autobot X. The process had unstable results, however, and for a time, a confused Spike turned against the Autobots.
Once Spike's body was healed, Wheeljack and Sparkplug transferred Spike's mind back into his own body. The transfer equipment apparently did not survive its second use, and Ratchet speculated that it was perhaps best left unrepaired. Autobot X was never reactivated.
- Autobot X has a pair of bolts in his neck, similar to Frankenstein's monster.
- Among the recognizable components in his body are:
- Prowl's forehead crest and right chest/front bumper
- Bluestreak's left door
- Sunstreaker's left shoulder
- Hound's shoulder-mounted missile launcher and right fender/shoulder
- Trailbreaker's arm cannon, left chest, and left thigh
- Optimus Prime's left wrist and parts of the right leg
- Jazz's photon rifle, mounted on his right arm
- the back of Jazz's left leg
- Jazz's crotch
- Japanese: Cybertron X (サイバトロンX Saibatoron X), Spike Robot (when inhabited by Spike's mind)
| This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Autobot X.|