- Altitude is a G.I. Joe character.
John Edward O. Jones
9 - E-9 - Sergeant Major
Born in Cambria, California, Altitude was assigned to G.I. Joe on 1990 as an advisor while acting as Sergeant Major of the Army between July of 1987 and June of 1991. After ending his term as Sergeant Major of the Army, he resumed his rank of Sergeant Major, occasionally acting as Command Sergeant Major of Sky Patrol when on active duty.
Altitude served G.I. Joe for many years as an advisor.
In 2018 he was made leader of Strike Team Charlie.
- As with every Sky Patrol action figure, Altitude's body mold originally came from a pre-existing character but with an all new head mold.
- The Sky Patrol parachutes and backpacks are repaints of the green Parachute Pack first available by mail in 1984.
- A "Spc. Altitude" figure was available in 2009, but the file name and filecard text came from Free Fall, and the character design was reminiscent of Rip-Cord.
- The third Native American member of the Joe team, after Airborne and Spirit.
- A SGM or CSM is referred to, and addressed, as "Sergeant Major". The Sergeant Major of the Army is a separate and unique position, but is still addressed as "Sergeant Major".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|This page uses content from Joepedia - The G.I. Joe Wiki. The original article was at Altitude.|