Year 1938 (MCMXXXVIII) was a common year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar.
- 13 August - Archibald Witwicky dies in an insane asylum.
- Kelley Barracks built in the outer Stuttgart district of Möhringen, Germany
- Statue of Liberty closed for renovation
- Android development continues as designers try to mimic more human-like features including designs such the Elektro from Westinghouse Electric Corporation.
- Under the First Vienna Award — which was a result of the Munich Agreement — Czechoslovakia, and later Slovakia, were forced by Germany and Italy to cede the southern third of Slovakia and southern Carpathian Rus to Hungary. The remainder of Carpathian Rus received autonomy.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.